Tuesday 21 September 2010

TRUST

“If you want anything done properly, then do it yourself.” Ever heard that one – I expect you have. I have even heard, “If you want anything done properly – don’t ask a man !” Heard that one too? i expect so. So what’s missing? Trust is missing – that’s what. In meetings, when ministering, we hear all sorts of things. Things like – “I don’t suppose it’ll do any good.” Or, “Well, you can try!”. Or even, “Didn’t work last time so I don’t expect it to work now!”

There we go again – its that old trust thing again, isn’t it? Well, let me ask you another question – If we can’t trust God – who can we trust? Don’t you realise who you are in Jesus? Do you not remember His words and promises?

Numbers 23:19-20
“God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill? I have received a command to bless; he has blessed, and I cannot change it.”

Psalm 103:1-3
“Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits - who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases.”

I think this is enough to excite most people, but, just in case you are still a doubter Hebrews 13:8
“Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.”

God still heals today – He still releases today – He still blesses today.

I have heard it said from the pulpit that the promises of God were only for the Apostolic Age. The promise of healing was for the apostles – the promise of release was for the apostles – it all died out when they died. Oh yeah ??? So why do you bother to pray at all then? Why expect blessings at all? Did they all die out with the apostles?

No – I don’t think so!

Do you believe in God? Yes??
Is Jesus also God? Yes??
Is the Holy Spirit also God? Yes??

So – If Jesus is God – can you trust His words the same as you can trust Gods Word? Yes??

Luke 4:18 Jesus said "The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed,”

It’s time to trust God and take Him at His Word again.

1 comment:

  1. I have learned a LOT about trust these past few months. What I have learned is that God IS faithful. He never changes and is sure and true.

    ReplyDelete