Monday 28 June 2010

What Can God do in your life?

A while back I wrote asking how big is your God. Now the Lord is speaking about us releasing our ‘bigger’ God to do what He wants to do. I had almost a valley of dry bones experience this morning when the Lord asked me, “What am I able to do?” I answered it by saying that “You alone know Lord.” And He said “You are right. Tell your people not to limit Me.”

I thought about this for a second or three. Do I limit God? Do I ask Him to do much less than He is able to do? Why do I do that? Why do any of us say to God “This far but no further.” Maybe it’s because our minds could not cope with the true enormity of our God. Maybe we just don’t realise what He can or could do in our lives – if we let Him.

Look at what He was capable of a wee while back. He parted the Red Sea to allow, what, two million people to pass through before closing it again on their pursuers. He parted the sea !! – you know I don’t really think our minds have gotten hold of that one yet. Later on, He took Ezekiel to a valley full of dry bones. He pulled the bones together, put flesh on them breathed into them and brought them back to life !!

So what is it you are limiting Him from doing in your life? You know He will not let us carry a load that is too much for us to bear. You know He does not choose anyone for any task that He does not equip them to do. You know He does not give anyone a Word to speak that will not achieve what it was sent out to do. Do you know that Christians are sometimes the most unbelieving people. What is the first thing they say when confronted by a real miracle? “Oh my God – I don’t believe it!!” Where is the faith in that ???

Listen to me now – The precious Holy Spirit is so much more able to do than we are ever able to imagine. Learn to just stand back and allow Him to move in your life and ministry. He is so much more capable than we realise or believe. He is so much more willing to do for us that which we do not realise or believe.

Please just LET GO and LET GOD. What can God do in your life that you are limiting Him from doing right now? Let Him do it and you will be amazed. Build your own faith and JUST DO IT.

2 comments:

  1. This is an excellent post, Chris. You're so correct. It's usually the Christian who puts the limit on what God can do. We should live limitless lives because of Who He is in us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have captured arecent chat I had with God Chris ... oh woe is me!!!! bless ya for this word

    ReplyDelete