Friday 11 June 2010

Why did Jesus choose you?

I heard an excellent little comment in a sermon recently. It was one of those comments that, as soon as we hear it, we wake up a bit more. It is rather like a slap in the face with a wet fish  Yet it is so profound too. So what exactly was this great comment?

“Jesus didn’t call you to use you, no no no – He called you so you can learn to use Him !!”

Just think about that for a minute. There are so many who may not admit this, but they think it to themselves, “God called me ‘cos He needs me to do things for Him.” As the Word says, it is not by might nor by power but by Gods Spirit. He calls us so we can learn to trust Him and, by using His mighty Name, we can bring Glory to God.

We do all things to the Glory of God. The Bible even says ‘doing all things AS UNTO THE LORD’. So our job isn’t to help God because He doesn’t need our help. I don’t recall hearing Him say, “Oh how I wish I hadn’t made 10 commandments – there should have been 9 (or 11)” I don’t hear Him saying, “That was a dumb thing I just did.” No – Gods plans, actions, and timing are all perfect and He truly doesn’t need our help. Yet He does allow us to call upon His Name so that things can happen – and some of those things could make us look real smart. But He also requires that, whatever we “achieve”, we give Him ALL the Glory.

So we must learn to use Him. As I said earlier, “Jesus didn’t call you to use you, no no no – He called you so you can learn to use Him !!”

Let’s all learn to use Him more and more.

Let’s also remember to give Him all the Glory too.

No comments:

Post a Comment