Tuesday 23 November 2010

Under Cover

Under Cover

Have you ever fully understood what it means to be under cover with God? Do you know the difference of being in His will and outside His will?

A while back, I was on a 4 hour drive somewhere when the Lord spoke to me. He asked me, “What does my Word say about staying within the law?” I replied that while we obey the law, then we remain under the protection of the law, but when we step outside the law, so our protection lapses. “Quite right!”, He said, “So why are you breaking the law?”

Knowing full well what He meant, I protested, “But Lord, I’m only doing 75-80! And the speed limit is only 70 and – and - . . . . .” so the excuses rolled out. The Lord interrupted my protests. “Let me show you what it means to be outside the law – as far as I am concerned.”

Without another word, He showed me my car driving along the road. There was just my car and nothing else in sight. “Slow down.”, He said. As I slowed down to 70 mph, so a white mist or fog surrounded the car. I saw angels appear at the four corners of the car. Then the Lord said, “Now speed up again.” The mist and the angels disappeared and there was the car – all exposed and in plain sight again.

“Hmmm”, I said. “Yes, hmmm indeed”, said the Lord. “When you are within the law, I can protect you. I can hide you from those who seek to do you ill. But when you step outside your law, so you step outside my law and therefore my will and protection, too.”

Silly little story I know, but it serves to illustrate a little bit just how Gods will and protection work for us. If we are outside of His will, then we are also outside of His protection. The enemy can ask if we “are supposed to be doing that?” God, being who He is, cannot lie and when He says “No” then the enemy can step in, or ask if he can step in, to an extent.

As a ministry, we are always having to decline invitations to visit and minister because those invitations are outside our remit, or outside God’s will for us at this time. Staying in His will doesn’t mean declining that invitation for ever – it simply means ‘not right now’.

Are you staying in His will right now? Are you under His cover? Or are you outside of His protection right now? What needs to change? Let me know and I will pray with you and for you.

1 comment:

  1. This truly is an awesome illustration of God's covenant with us. He keeps His part, it's us that step out from under His protection. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete