Tuesday 21 December 2010

Breakthrough !!

For me, 2009 was the year of opening doors – especially those doors that seemed shut for ever, whilst 2010 was the year of reaping that which we have sown. The Lord brought these thoughts to me as I sat pondering the past year – trying to prepare our annual ministry report. He reminded me, as if I needed reminding, that He had fulfilled His promise of a wife. He reminded me of the wonderful visits we have made this past year – of the wonderful men and women of God we have had the privilege of meeting and to whom we have had the honour to minister. On a more personal level of course, meeting my wife and having the great honour of marrying her was the great blessing and highlight. Then finally, the icing on the cake for me, my son and daughter in law announced their second baby – due in June next year.

Yet there were other quieter moments too, when the presence of God threatened to knock us all off our feet; when it was more appropriate to be silent and prostrate ourselves before Him – allowing him to minister to us. Oh yes – believe me – despite what the world may think or what may have been happening in worldly terms, 2010 has been an incredible year of blessing.

My musings were interrupted when the Lord spoke again. “Breakthrough” – just that one word was all He said. My hearts soared as I considered it and as I considered what He has spoken about revival coming to a town near you very soon. Thinking I had better not assume too much, to be honest my record isn’t perfect in this area, I enquired of the Lord about it. “Yes – breakthrough”, He said. “I have opened the doors and you have gone through them. You have reaped some of that which you have sown. Now – 2011 – is the year when you will see real breakthrough. Revival is coming at a rush. Tell My people to prepare – to get ready. Time is so short and there is a mighty harvest to be brought in. Get your harvest workers prepared – prepare yourselves – I am coming – SOON! Be ready for breakthrough as I start to move things out of the way – those things that have hindered you for so long. Your path shall be made straight and the harvest will be made easy – it is, after all, My yoke that I am asking you to bear. Your joy shall be so great yet those who would still oppose me shall still oppose you. They shall try to make your way hard, uphill even. But My Spirit shall be with you and He shall make you able where previously you have felt quite inadequate to the task. Yes, I, the Lord, has spoken it – breakthrough is yours when you stay in My will and obedient to My words.”

2011 is the year of BREAKTHROUGH for the Church – in preparation for the return of our Lord – when He comes to fetch His Bride.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like its time to get the baskets out, grab the wheelbarrows and hitch the wagons for it's harvest time ... 1st ya get the helper and then ya get the harvest..HOLD ON TITE Chris

    ReplyDelete