Friday 31 December 2010

The Precipice of Hell

Now that’s an odd expression isn’t it? Yet that’s exactly what I heard the Lord say this morning. So, still being as inquisitive like the little boy I once was, I asked Him what that meant and His answer was more serious than I had first thought.

He showed me that very many churches in these end days are still camped far closer to hell than to heaven. They do not preach the gospel – they preach prosperity of all believers. They do not really reach out – rather they have their own events with their own agendas and these events only reach the church and perhaps some of their friends who are mostly ‘Christian’ anyway.

Many of today’s churches are simply extended ‘glee clubs’ – social organisations where the habits and general behaviour of members is often even more shameful than the habits and behaviour of the world. There is very little of God in them – if anything at all – because they are so far departed from their calling that they are in effect apostate churches. They worship money and possessions. They value who they know and who is in their social strata above anything to do with Jesus Christ. Indeed, many are embarrassed to even mention His wonderful Name

All this shook me up a little but I pressed on and asked about the precipice of hell and He said this. “Those churches that have moved away from My Gospel; those churches who have made My house a house of ill-repute rather than a house of prayer; those churches who have no real love for their congregation except for what they can get from them rather than what they can feed them; these churches may as well be standing on a precipice overlooking the gates of hell because their people will walk straight out of one into the other. I hold both shepherds and sheep responsible for their own actions and to many of these I will say ‘Away from Me you evil doers – I do not know you!’

I was shaken up by all this and I prayed that He would never have to say this to me, but I pressed on again. “How can we stop this Lord?” He replied, “I am looking for an army of those willing to be a voice in the wilderness, like John the Baptist, who will call the church to repent and turn from her wicked ways. I am seeking those who will walk within a yard of hell and bring my people back to higher, safer ground. I am seeking those who would even lose their lives for Me and My Gospel in order to save My Church, My Bride.”

As did Isaiah before me, I cried out to my God, “Here am I, Lord. Send me.” Are there any more out there who are willing to do the same. Are you willing to be reviled, scorned, and rejected by many churches? Are you willing to bless them, but brush the dirt of your feet as you leave? Are you willing to give your all to Jesus Christ – your saviour. The cost may be high, the journey rough, the rewards none. This may cost you everything, but if you are willing to go deeper in Him and stand out for Him, fearless and unashamed, despite what the world is saying, then your crown will shine that little bit brighter.

As 2011 dawns, will you join me now, and stay until Jesus returns?

No comments:

Post a Comment