Wednesday 21 July 2010

The God of Surprises too??

The God of Surprises too??

It is often said that God is the God of suddenlies. Suddenly He does this or suddenly He does that. This is wonderful and serves to remind us of who He really is because sometimes, when He moves ‘suddenly’, we can be almost shocked at the power and force of His moving.

Yet just as Our wonderful God springs a suddenly moment upon our meetings – a ‘spontaneous’ healing, a move of conviction bringing sudden but open repentance – wonderful as these things are, there is another side to Him that perhaps we do not acknowledge very much. Much as we publicise the suddenlies that He brings to our meetings or to our lives, so also is He a tender loving God who brings great and wonderful surprises to our lives.

As many of you know, I was widowed something over three years ago. However, I knew that the Lord has a perfect plan for me and for my life and I was able to keep His promises before me throughout all of the dark moments that followed. I can truly say from experience that His Grace really is sufficient for me – sufficient for you and for all of us.

So earlier this year, when my mind started to ask Him about those promises, He led me to leave it all with Him – He would bring someone to me. OH yes ??? Wow - you should have heard all the questions I fired at Him. Throughout it all, He simply said to receive His peace and leave it all up to Him. For whatever reason I did – until He suddenly allowed me an illness that ‘stilled’ me – caused me to be completely still in His presence. I was unable to drive and I was even unable to walk out alone for about three weeks. That was a suddenly moment I can tell you. Yet the Lord spoke to me and my blog output went up by about 400% - as WP can testify. 

Then, quietly and gently, the Lord brought someone to my notice – He did this to both of us actually. Without a word from Him, He totally surprised us both by generating a most unusual and powerful love. After all, I live in the UK, the lady lives in Texas and we have never even met, so how can you love someone you don’t know? It’s ridiculous – isn’t it?? But our God is the God, not only of suddenlies, not only of surprises, but also of love. We have both been completely caught out, bowled over, and utterly surprised by what God has done in our lives this past two months. Other Christians have confirmed the veracity of our feelings. We will meet in September and we plan to marry (yes marry!!) later in the year. We are both of an age when we know what we are doing – we know what the Lord has said to us – we are both consenting adults and we see no point in messing around. After all the rapture is almost certainly on the way so we want to be together in Him when that happens.

Yes, truly, God is a wonderful creative God of the most beautiful surprises too. Ask @TwangyTexan – she will tell you the same thing. 

3 comments:

  1. He IS a God of wonderful, beautiful surprises isn't He?
    And yes, @TwangyTexan agrees wholeheartedly with this testimony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great love is often born out of amazing friendships - even oceans apart. May you always have the peace that passes all understanding as you journey together serving the Lord of all possibilities!!

    You two make me giddy with delight - as I love watching you corresponde with each other! {{HUGS}} of great JOY for you!
    @spreadingJOY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, full of surprises and many 'suddenlies' for sure.

    May you both have an amazing happy and lovely life together for many many years!

    Big hugs!
    Ann
    @acummings

    ReplyDelete