Tuesday 17 May 2011

My wife, Linda Marshall Bennett, has a wonderful "adopted" Sis, Marie Wikle, who has a corporation called Spreading Joy. Marie is a real connector! She loves people and is all about helping and giving to people in need. It's an honor to know and love her...she walks the walk.

On her Spreading Joy website she has a post called Keeping It Real About ME in which she tells a few things about herself. She challenged me to do the same (mainly because it's fun and a great way to get to know people) and to link back to her site so we can meet more people. After all...you can't help people if you don't KNOW any.

So, here goes:
• I’ve been a Christian since December 2nd 1962 – but I ran away from God for over 20 years. I’m ‘back’ now and passionate for Jesus

• I am a war baby – evacuated to Witney in Oxfordshire in 1943 but really a Londoner as that’s where I was really bred and raised.

• I have recently met and married a wonderful ‘Southern Belle’ Linda Marshal Bennett who is my ‘equally yoked’ soul-mate.

• I have two wonderful sons who each has a wife and son of his own plus one ‘work-in-progress’ due in June 2011.

• My dad grew the most wonderful Chrysanthemums and I guess they are my favourites. Gardening is really not at all my skill but I love trying to grow things.

• I have experienced the most wonderful love and mercy of God. I have seen miracles happen before my eyes. He really is faithful ALL the time.

• I am just over 6 feet tall, (that’s 1.84 mtrs to my metric friends), Just a bit over weight, just a bit bald as a coot, and hey – who needs hair anyway. I have a superb solar panel.


Please comment and let me know more about you...I LOVE getting to know people. And, be sure to check out Linda’s blog Wife of a Wandering Christian, and Marie's website Spreading Joy Corporation....she's a blessing to all who know her.

God is good – ALL the time. ALL the time – God is GOOD

Chris

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing about you. Here's me:

    *I've been a Christian for 34 years
    *I come from a rough background
    *The Lord completely changed my life, I laughed for the first time in years after accepting Him as Savior at age 16
    *I have 2 cats and a wonderful husband
    *It's been raining in New Jersey for a week now, and we still have a week to go... ugh!
    *I'm a photographer, writer and artist

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glory!!!
    It's me your other son Alinanine!
    My prayers are with you always so keep it up, I can see the Heavenly crown is ahead of you.
    May God add the number of your days as He did to Hezekiah fifteen years more in every New Morning.

    "Then Samuel took a stone and set it between Mizpah and Shen, and he called the name of it Ebenezer [stone of help], saying, Heretofore the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12(AMP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen - Bless you & Thanks for your comments. I am sure you're on FB or Twitter - maybe both ??? I am @cgbrofmi on Twitter or Chris Bennett on FB.

    Ebenezer - Blessings and thanks for your comments

    ReplyDelete