Friday 13 September 2013

Subjects of the Kingdom

Subjects of the Kingdom

When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, asking for help.  ‘Lord,’ he said, ‘my servant lies at home paralysed, suffering terribly.’
Jesus said to him, ‘Shall I come and heal him?’
The centurion replied, ‘Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed.  For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, “Go,” and he goes; and that one, “Come,” and he comes. I say to my servant, “Do this,” and he does it.’
When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, ‘Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith.  I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.  But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’
Then Jesus said to the centurion, ‘Go! Let it be done just as you believed it would.’ And his servant was healed at that moment.” Matthew 8:5-13

A Well known story

What struck me was the small section Verses 11-12 “I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.  But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” I believe this is something the Lord revealed to me – probably as He has to so many before me. 

Many will come from the east and the west. Who are they, these “many”?  These are they who have believed in Jesus Christ as Lord, Saviour, and Messiah. They who have believed in Jesus, the Son of God – ALL of them, not one denomination, not Protestant, not Catholic, not Coptic, nor Orthodox, but the Bible says ALL of them shall be saved. That then leaves the “subjects of the kingdom” – thrown outside, into the darkness, weeping and gnashing their teeth. Who are they? They are those who have refused to believe in Jesus Christ as Saviour and Messiah, as the only begotten Son of God.

Perhaps this is why there will only be a 144,000 remnant of the Jews saved? As surely as God foreknew and planned for the fall of man and the need for a perfect sacrifice through Jesus, so He has always known that “the apple of His eye”, the Jews, would also ultimately turn their backs on Him and deny their Yeshua ha Mashiach, Jesus their Messiah.

The wedding feast is being made ready. It is almost time for the Bridegroom to take His Bride to the wedding and to the feast. Are you ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment