Sunday 27 October 2013

Before He Comes

Before He Comes

Isaiah 42:8-9 ‘I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not yield my glory to another or my praise to idols. See, the former things have taken place, and new things I declare; before they spring into being I announce them to you.’

I often wonder what it will take for the world to take any notice of God. I find it almost scary to realise just how many will be left behind when Jesus returns in clouds for His Bride. If no-one is listening to the prophets, to whom are they listening? The Word of God is quite clear about these things; it does not mince words. There is no “spin doctoring” in God’s Word although there are those who try to put a spin on various things.

The answer, I believe, lies in our worship. It’s not about how entertaining our worship  is, nor is it about how long it goes on. It is an attitude of heart within each of the worshipers. If our hearts are right; if our hearts reflect the words we sometimes so glibly use in worship, then surely we shall see the Glory of God in His house.  Is it not time to clear our hearts of all of our own agendas to concentrate our worship solely upon Jesus?

Do we come to worship with a clean heart? Have we asked and then allowed God to “create in me a clean heart”? Have we asked Him to “put a right spirit within me”? if we are honest, I think we all find this incredibly hard to do. Yet, when we do, our worship ascends like the finest incense before our Fathers throne and it is pleasing to Him. Is this the moment when the spiritual presence of Jesus turns into the actual presence? Will this be the moment He brings His Shekinah Glory into our meetings?

I believe God is always searching our hearts for those moments of true worship when we really do surrender all to Him. I do not believe He inhabits tainted praises – praises with attitude and agendas. I think He is simply waiting for us to clean our hearts of all of ourselves and fill our hearts with Him – only Him. This is when I believe He will come to inhabit the praises of His people and He will make His habitation in our worship. 

Worship is the lifestyle that God is waiting for us to adopt before He comes among us in the power and glory we so long to see in His presence. Worship is our commitment to God that is necessary for Him to fulfil His commitment and promises to us. I am committing to a worship lifestyle because I want to see more of Gods presence among us. I wont get it right all the time and I will have to ask Holy Spirits help in doing so, but I also know it is a call for help that He cannot refuse. If I mean it, He will do it.

How about you? If we get this right who knows what could happen? The harvest could be even more amazing in preparation for His return.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, surely, "If I mean it, He will do it, thats it. our primary duty is to worship the Lord God Almighty, that is what He expects from each one of His children. Let us continually praise and worship Him. Thanks for this wonderful piece.
    Best Regards
    phil

    ReplyDelete
  2. I echo Phil's words and love the thought of God 'inhabiting' our praise because we mean it. How often do we come into His presence without being serious, and miss the Spirit's help because we don't ask.

    ReplyDelete