Saturday 28 December 2013

A Word for 2014 - The Year of Completion

A Word for 2014 - The Year of Completion

I was reading Micah 4 today when verse 5 leapt out at me. “All the nations may walk in the name of their gods, but we will walk in the name of the LORD our God for ever and ever.” That’s a good verse but I wondered why the Lord brought it to my attention. First I noted that every nation will walk in the name of their own god. The Lord seemed to prompt me that nations can have a “national god”. America’s would seem to be prosperity, while Europe’s seems to be control, and there are other gods in other places.

Then He took me to the statement, “but we will walk in the name of the LORD our God for ever and ever.”

Then He said to me, “The coming year is the year of completion. That which was started this year (2013) or earlier upon My promises and Words, that will I complete in the coming year. Do not be like they who promise Me much but deliver to Me little. Ask much and receive much – ask little and receive little. In the same way that I promise good things, make your word as mine – mean what you say. Do not say that you will walk in my name if only for part of your life. If you make me a promise, mean it in your heart and keep it by your life and spirit. If you do this for Me, then I will open the floodgates of blessing for you. I will give you your hearts desire – I will heal your land, just as My Word says.

My Glory will fall upon those who bring Me and give Me all the glory. I will give no blessing to those who seek glory for themselves. I will not promote those who seek promotion with a wrong heart. I will promote those with a pure heart, those who will bring me glory.”

I feel impressed that this is the year of 2 Chronicles 7:14 – but in order for this promise to be fulfilled, we, as the church, must repent, turn from our wicked ways – no more Sunday Christianity followed by 6 days of the world, and we must return to godly living. I feel the need to come before the Lord as a child – not questioning, nor doubting, but accepting His Word and believing His promises. This has been a theme for me all through 2013 – ‘as a child’, and I believe this is how the Lord wants us to prepare ourselves. Like a child at Christmas, if you will. Hoping and expecting, yet knowing and believing – all at the same time.

Next year, in 2014, we must stand on, and call in God’s prophecies and promises to us, knowing He will bring completion to whatever He has started in our lives and in His church.

No comments:

Post a Comment