Tuesday 31 December 2013

New Year Letter to God

New Year Letter to God

Dear God,

2013 has been an amazing year for us and to say that we have enjoyed it is a bit of an understatement . Your provision has been nothing short of miraculous and we have loved watching you work in our own lives as well as in the lives of those around us.

So what's the next year got for us then? If I may, Lord, I would like to respectfully lay out my "shopping list" for your consideration.

First and foremost I would like to get closer to you, Lord. Oh, I know I'm not very good at various things Lord, but I do so want a deeper relationship with you. I want to hear from you more - your thoughts, plans, and especially prophecies. There are those who say I hear from you now, but I want to get closer, hear clearer - much clearer - and see our perspective.

I would like to be known less as a grumpy old man, and more as a loving man who carries your presence with him wherever I go. I want more of your zeal and compassion too. I don't want to be a four or five days a week Christian. No, I want to be a fully sold out 24/7 Christian - but in no way a pompous or religious one. More a positive and encouraging one - if you know what I mean?

Then we come to ministry Lord. I love the way you have developed and grown Linda's ministry these past months. Please could you grow it even more, Lord. She has such a wonderful heart for the lost and broken and I am sure it's all part of your plans for both of us to develop our ministries, both individual and joint. I mean, why else would you have teamed us up with those closest to us here in Sleaford.

As for my ministry, Lord, I give it all to you right now for you to use, change, or discard as you will and for your glory. Having said that, I love the closeness with you when I do prophesy, and I simply marvel at your healing touch which you allow us to be a part of, from time to time. I want to see prophesy, healing, and deliverance as part of our daily lives - the 'normal' way of Christian living rather than the special occasion or visiting speakers.

Finally, Lord, I would love to see all those around me, especially family, touched by you this coming year. Not only touched, but brought to the place of salvation, realising just who you really are. My prayer for them is that you will reveal yourself to them and bring them to that point of decision where they know that to reject you is folly but to accept you is eternal life.

Thank you in advance Lord because I know that whatever you decide to do will be best for all of us. My only promise, that I have any chance of keeping, is to try to stay as close to you as I am able. 

You are my wonderful Lord and Saviour and I love you.
I am your beloved son, for whom you came and died, rose, and ascended.
Ransomed, healed, restored, and forgiven.

Your wee lad, Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment