Wednesday 18 December 2013

Clouds and Rain

Clouds and Rain

I’ve never been much of a meteorologist but at the moment I am very interested in clouds. I am fascinated by cloud formations – storm clouds, sunny day clouds, snow clouds and so on. However, fascinating or not, these are not the clouds on my mind at this point in time. No, I am watching and studying small clouds.

Everyone knows that if you leave a cloud alone for long enough it will grow, bit by bit, until it is a rain cloud. As it gets heavier with rain, it nearly always seems to get darker and greyer. Occasionally, we hear thunder emanating from it, and even the odd flash of lightning. So why am I watching small clouds? Not much happening there, you might think.

Well, to be honest, I am more watching for those little clouds “as big as a man’s hand”. These quite excite me right now. There are several around the UK right now. One is even approaching my home town. Only yesterday, I heard of one approaching the Hebrides to the North of Scotland. There’s one down in Wales and that Welsh one has even started to rain a little bit. However, there have been more headed our way in the British Isles recently than many can remember happening previously. 

The trouble is, many of them amount to little or nothing, which is disappointing of course. The one heading our way seems to be getting closer and closer and all the reliable prophets are calling for more intercessory warfare. I made a mistake earlier this week when I encouraged a word to be released too early and without due process being completed. I broke my own rule about letting a new word sit for three or four days before releasing it. Whoops, but fortunately, no harm done as it only went to one other person who wisely sat on it and asked all the right questions.

This is why our spiritual antennae need to be always ready and active. That word could have damaged the body of Christ had not someone’s aerial not been active. Satan would have been encouraged and I would have been dis-heartened. David was great at keeping his spirit “up”. He used to speak to his soul – “praise the Lord oh my soul” was a common theme. “My soul – why so downcast?” was another. We can similarly speak to our own soul and lift ourselves, with Gods help, out of our mood swings. Adopting a cheerful stance is a choice that is independent of the side of bed we got out this morning. My favourite Christian, and her ‘old boy’, is one of the consistently most cheerful souls I have ever met. She is infectious and we should all be the same. After all, we have far more reason to be happy than those with little or no belief. What does our future hold that theirs doesn’t?

This is why I am mindful of the approaching clouds and the latter day rain coming with them. This is why our warfare needs to be lifted higher and our mood of optimism with it. Jesus us coming soon – and don’t forget it!! So - Grab a bagful of good cheer today and tell the world around you that Jesus is the reason for your cheerfulness – and that He’s the reason for the season too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment