Wednesday 15 January 2014

Dry Seasons

Dry Seasons

OK I admit it. I am smack bang in the middle of a dry season. Some call it a desert place. I don’t care what you want to call it – I’m in the middle of it. My blog has all but dried up. I am grumpy with nearly everybody. I have lost much of my appetite, and, worst of all, God is kinda quiet – very quiet – almost silent, in fact. Forgive me please, this blog is very personal.

Now I know it’s all me because that last bit about God being almost silent is never true. I learned a long time ago that I can hear God anywhere, any time because He always has something to say to me. I heard a friend of mine describe it for himself once. “It’s like God is sitting next to me the whole time. He has His arm round my shoulder, and He is whispering in my ear the whole time. ‘You see that person over there, he has a problem. Go talk to him, maybe pray with him.’ Or ‘You see that family behind you, pay for their order for them please. They can’t afford it right now.’ God is like that, He always has something to share with you.” So why do I think I’m in a dry place?

It’s probably because I have pushed Him aside for a while, while I concentrate on my own misery or unhappiness, or anger, or plain ME. Sure I’ve got this bug thing, but that doesn’t separate me from God. I’ve got problems, but they don’t separate me from God. The Bible tells me there is nothing can separate me from Him (Romans 8:38-39). Actually some friends of ours have just had some good news that has made us happy for them and for us just knowing this. So why am I still feeling dry?

Well actually, I think the Lord may be moving me away from my ‘beloved blog’ – as my wife calls it. That has certainly dried up a bit, but that’s because another season is dawning. I keep getting snatches of it – split second glimpses. I believe it is ‘end-time ministry’ but I don’t yet understand the extent of it. All will be revealed in due course. In the meantime, all I can do is follow instructions, and that is what I hope is happening.

Suddenly, my spirit soars as I see a little revelation of the coming season. With revelation comes a challenge, something I have written about before. We sing too many half-truths in our worship. Every Sunday, we sing our hearts out to the Lord, and every Sunday the Lord is a little disappointed in us. We sing, “All to Jesus I surrender”, but we don’t really mean it. We sing, “Break my heart for what breaks yours, Everything for your Kingdoms cause”, but we don’t really mean it. The Lord is saying that, if we begin to mean what we sing even a little more than we did today, then He will, as in the story of the Prodigal Son, He will run towards us with blessings untold.

Can you imagine what this could mean to our churches if this happens? The Lord doesn’t make empty promises. He means every word He says to us.

Oh the joy of a closer walk with Jesus. Lets do it together, as a church, Lets just do it!

Just a closer walk with Thee,
Blessed Jesus, is my plea,
Daily walking close to Thee,
Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.

P.S. I’m taking another break from blogging for a while – maybe a week, maybe a month – only the Lord knows.

3 comments:

  1. You're not alone, I feel the same although my walk with God is closer than ever. Satan is having a field day and we need to kick him into touch.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FrEmqyM4-k&sns=em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dig deeper for your water, get your roots more solidly into the soil of the Word. I don't call my plumber 'plumber' after he's introduced himself. I feel a call closer to the river, sometimes centuries of translations hide the real treasures. Your appetite is a normal call to fasting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I could have written some of this myself! He is calling us to a higher place - He is re-positioning us for such a time as this - He is building our faith muscles (James 1) - When the teacher seems silent in the natural, the class is usually taking a test. Many solders/believers are going through some very challenging times. One thing I can say for sure - If I want to survive this season, I MUST STAY CLOSE TO HIM! In prayer, I heard the Lord say - I AM A WELL IN THE DESERT - DRAW, AND DRINK. I AM A RIVER THAT NEVER RUNS DRY - STEP INTO THE WATERS - THE LATTER RAIN IS SOON TO COME - PRAY FOR RAIN - AND REMEMBER I DO REIGN IN THE HEARTS OF MY CHILDREN. YOUR DRY DAYS WILL SOON BE OVER! I AM ABOUT TO FILL MANY WATER POTS THAT WILL BE POURED OUT IN THE LAND. OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND PRAISE ME AND I WILL QUENCH YOUR THIRST!

    ReplyDelete