Saturday 4 January 2014

Welcome to My 2014 World

Welcome to My 2014 World

Here we are, just arrived on the doorstep of a new year – 2014. What does it hold I wonder. Amos 8:11-12 has something to say to us, I believe – “The days are coming,” declares the Sovereign LORD,  “when I will send a famine through the land—not a famine of food or a thirst for water, but a famine of hearing the words of the LORD. People will stagger from sea to sea and wander from north to east, searching for the word of the LORD, but they will not find it. In that day the lovely young women and strong young men will faint because of thirst.”

Does this say anything to you? It does to me. I have long believed the coming revival will heavily involve the younger generation, say, the 10 to 20 year olds. I firmly believe that life has become so shallow and so devoid of real meaning that this younger generation has already started to search for more meaning to life and a greater hope for their future.

I believe the Lord to be showing me, probably amongst many others, that one of the hallmarks of the coming “end-time revival” will be the number of younger Christians with healing and evangelistic ministries. The young will catch the young – in huge numbers. Tired of living the shallow and almost empty lives of so many of todays youth, there will be a move among the young that will cause any previous revival to seem insignificant by comparison.

In personal terms, for us, I see us being used more and more in a mentoring role. Not in the tradition of the mentors of yesteryear, but rather in the tradition of family elders – kind of Grandma and Granddad. I look forward to a new role for us both – that of gentle teachers by example, encouraging youngsters to step out in their God-given calling and ministry.

It is not going to be a year for the faint-hearted. I feel the Lord is seeking those who will ignore all previous comfort zone boundaries and simply step up and step out when He calls them to do so. It may be in a public arena or in a private one. It may be before 10,000 people or just one. It will not matter the audience, it is the obedience that God is seeking. Those who will sow the seed, water the seed, or reap the harvest. You may look a wise man or a fool. It doesn’t matter – All He is seeking is a people who will do His bidding.

I believe, and have already said that 2014 is the year of completion when plans laid in our hearts will come to fruition. The fields are white unto harvest but the labourers are so very few. Will you be one of the few? 

Here I am Lord, send me. Amen?

No comments:

Post a Comment