Monday 21 February 2011

A song and a prayer called Hosanna

A song and a prayer called Hosanna

In church this Sunday morning, we sang a song we have sung a few times before yet one verse came as fresh as a daisy to me and the words, which were up on the overhead, hit me with such power. As we say here in the UK, the realisation of the truth and wonder in the words hit me in the face like a wet fish . The song was “Hosanna” from Hillsong United. Whoever said the young don’t produce good things? It was the final verse that struck me so hard – reduced me to a shaking wreck. This amazing song was written by a young lady, Brooke Fraser – what incredible insight and such a profound anointing on the whole song.

Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like You
Have loved me
Break my heart for what breaks Yours
Everything I am for Your Kingdom's cause
As I walk from earth into eternity

Hosanna lyrics © Hillsong Publishing

The words alone are the most incredible prayer – Oh Lord, make this my own prayer in Jesus precious Name.

Heal my heart and make it clean
Psalm 51:10 “Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me.”

Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Jeremiah 33:3 ”Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.”

Show me how to love like You Have loved me
John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”

Mark 12:28-31 “Then one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, perceiving that He had answered them well, asked Him, “Which is the first commandment of all?”
Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the LORD our God, the LORD is one. And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment. And the second, like it, is this: ‘You shall love your neighbour as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”


Break my heart for what breaks Yours
Isaiah 43:25 “You have wearied Me with your iniquities. “Yet I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; And I will not remember your sins.”

Everything I am for Your Kingdom's cause
Colossians 3:23 “Work at everything you do with all your heart. Work as if you were working for the Lord, not for human masters.”

As I walk from earth into eternity
Hebrews 12:1 “A huge cloud of witnesses is all around us. So let us throw off everything that stands in our way. Let us throw off any sin that holds on to us so tightly. Let us keep on running the race marked out for us.

Revelation 3:11 “I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have. Then no one will take away your crown.”

(All quotes NIV Readers Version)

Now, I have no idea as to whether or not the writer was thinking these thoughts. All I know is that this is what the Lord laid on my heart as I read this verse in a wonderful song.

Make it your prayer too ??

No comments:

Post a Comment