Friday 7 May 2010

Healing & Forgiveness

Healing & Forgiveness

I read this today - why I thought of you all, I don’t know. All I know is that I must pass it on

Jeremiah 15:16-21 (NIV) “When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear your name, O LORD God Almighty.

I never sat in the company of revellers, never made merry with them; I sat alone because your hand was on me and you had filled me with indignation. Why is my pain unending and my wound grievous and incurable? Will you be to me like a deceptive brook, like a spring that fails?

Therefore this is what the LORD says: "If you repent, I will restore you that you may serve me; if you utter worthy, not worthless, words, you will be my spokesman. Let this people turn to you, but you must not turn to them. I will make you a wall to this people, a fortified wall of bronze; they will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you to rescue and save you," declares the LORD. "I will save you from the hands of the wicked and redeem you from the grasp of the cruel." “

I believe there are many of our number who are hurting right now, some quite badly. I believe the Lord wants to heal those hurts. So why should any of us who have been hurt repent?? I believe it is so we can forgive those who have hurt us in order to allow the Holy Spirit the freedom to move in our own lives and heal us. Without forgiveness from us there can be no forgiveness for us and therefore we block the way to our healing and freedom. Also, as this scripture reminds us, we are spokesmen of the Lord and He wants to restore us and use us in His divine service.

If something is stopping this happening in your life, I urge you to act NOW and get it out of the way so that your service to the Kingdom of God may continue un-challenged by the enemy. For if there is anything in the way, trust me, Satan will challenge and oppose you.

I am not a trained counsellor but I am a good listener so if you want me to help you in any way that I am able – then it’s yours. Like one or two others here, I am here for each and every one of you – 24/7 !! I really do mean that too. Just Tweet me @cgbrofmi or email me cgbgosport@ntlworld.com

I love you all so much because Jesus loves me and all the rest of us so much.

A great big God Bless You to you all today

Chris @cgbrofmi

No comments:

Post a Comment