Saturday 30 November 2013

A Little Imagining

A Little Imagining

Sitting thinking this evening, my mind wandered off to imagining what it will be like on the day of the rapture. Can you imagine the urgency of your thoughts or the excitement of those final few moments. My wife used to know a girl who said that, come the moment Jesus calls us to the sky to meet Him, she would simply grab the person on her left and the person on her right in order to take them with her !! Have you ever tried to imagine what you will do?

If there is any time at all, I will try to call my kids to urge them to call His Name – there won’t be time for much else. Can you imagine it for yourself? I imagine that my stomach will be spinning with the anticipation. Think about it. There is that moment when everything stops as we all hear the blare of a trumpet sounding. We know, because, I imagine, Holy Spirit will tell us, that Jesus is on His way for us. How long will we have? What will we do? As the song says, “I can only imagine”. Will there be time for me to call my kids, or for that lady to grab the people either side of her? Will it be that instant when, as the Bible says, we shall be changed in the twinkling of an eye? Or will there be a few moments of waiting?

Can you imagine the excitement for some – the horror for others? I think I will be beside myself with excitement, but I know of others, plenty of them, who will not like it one little bit, if only because admitting you were wrong is so hard !! As the song says, will we be able to sing or dance or even stand in His presence? Oh the joy that floods my heart just thinking about it – amazing. To be in His presence here is amazing. “Up there” will be way beyond words – or so I imagine.

It is this excitement that spurs me on while I am still here and able to do so. I want so much for all my family to join me; for all my neighbours to join me; for all my church to join me !! I want none to be lost, not one to miss out. 

I can, literally, “only imagine” what it will be like. Now – who can I speak to about Jesus today?
Oh HALLELUJAH \o/

No comments:

Post a Comment