Wednesday 13 November 2013

Will you do this for Me

To do or not to do

Jeremiah 20:9 “But if I say, “I will not mention his word or speak anymore in his name, his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.”

When was the last time a speaker, any speaker, had you on the edge of your seat with expectation of something happening? Something really exciting and big happening in your church, town, county, or even country? When was the last time anyone spoke and you actually got excited at all, let alone on the edge of your seat?

It happened to me quite recently – just a few minutes ago to be more accurate. The speaker was God the Holy Spirit, and what He has said excites me and really does put me on the edge of my seat expecting to see something really special to break out in the next two weeks. Why the next two weeks? Well, we have a very special visitor this Saturday and Sunday who is a world renowned concert pianist as well as being a wonderfully anointed worship leader and song writer. As if this is not expectation enough, our own pastor, himself a world worship leader, is planning to lead an entire Sunday from the keyboard.

The anticipation and expectation is immense, and now a word of the Lord has come to me that effectively and exponentially increases my personal expectation. So what did the Lord say to me?

“Where is your dignity? – surrendered at My feet. I am surrendering your dignity and placing it at my feet. You can come and reclaim it any time you want to -  but I’d rather see you dance. You can reclaim it any time you want to but I’d rather hear you singing. You can reclaim it any time you want to but I’d rather see you so full of my joy that you cannot stop either singing or dancing. Now get up and worship Me – and revel in My joy. Enter now into My presence with joy and dancing.”

Will you or won't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment