Tuesday 1 November 2011

At Last

I must be getting it right

It’s time to celebrate. It’s time to rejoice and praise the Lord from the rooftops. It’s a HALLELUJAH day. Thank you Lord. “Praise the Lord oh my soul – let all that is within me praise His holy Name. Praise the Lord oh my soul, who forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases.” Psalm 103

I am tickled pink to be able to tell you that today, at last, I have been deemed so bad that I have felt the sting of my first tiny bit of persecution because of my belief in the Word of God and my stand for Jesus Christ. It has come from the church !!! Because of my stand on the apostasy of parts of the church over Halloween, I have been accused of being divisive – of splitting the church. I have offended a modern day Pharisee within the church.

Oh Lord, give me the courage, give me the wisdom, give me the right words to offend the church in the same way that Jesus offended the church of His day. Lord there are those who suffer hugely for their faith, even unto death. I, on the other hand, suffer nothing but the bad opinion of those who are positively Laodicean – a few harsh words of condemnation.

Lord, I am aware that, in many eyes, I am harsh and sort of ‘in your face’ with my writing. I realise that write stuff on the back of what I believe with my heart I hear from you but I put it in my own words. In all probability Lord, You would phrase it differently – with more love and with greater mercy. Yet, Lord, I would that whatever words I put out, they may have Your unction, Your anointing, and Your meaning upon them.

I praise you Lord that I have been able to stir a reaction, perhaps an angry reaction or perhaps a ‘convicted’ reaction. I thank you Lord that the pen you placed in my hand, all those years ago, is finally bearing even a tiny bit of fruit. You caused, or allowed me to see this ‘motto’ a short time ago – “Win the lost, offend the religious, and provoke the Church!” This I have tried to do Lord but without being rude and without causing too much offence. In return Lord, You seem to have blessed my writing and, apparently, many people have been blessed too.

Only today Lord, have I seen the reaction of one apparently confronted by my words, and maybe even convicted by Your Holy Spirit. You have caused me and used me to provoke a reaction Lord – and I have to say that I am so pleased with that result. Pride is too dangerous a reaction from me Lord so I surrender my feelings to You and ask Your Holy Spirit to deal with them in me and through me.

What a privilege to be deemed worthy of public rebuke and ridicule for Your Name’s sake Lord. I forgive them Lord – with a smile and a hug if they would receive it. I surely rejoice as I enter into Your sufferings – even the tiniest little bit of such suffering brings a torrent of joy into my heart.

Thank You Lord. My joy and peace are complete tonight. I praise you and I worship you tonight and every night. Make every day Your day in my life Lord. Let me always serve you, whatever the cost Lord.

AMEN \o/

No comments:

Post a Comment