Saturday 19 November 2011

Departing Glory

Departing Glory

In Ezekiel chapters 8 through 10, Ezekiel is shown the sin of the leaders of Israel, and the sin of the people. Then we see the destruction of Jerusalem as angels spread burning coals all over the city. Finally, we see the departure of the Glory of the Lord from the temple. This speaks volumes to me about the present day Church.

I don’t know about America, but all over the UK we are seeing churches closing down and the buildings either falling into ruin or being converted as bespoke ‘bijou residences’ – little gems of houses in which you may now live. There is much to be done prior to the final conversion as many churchyards still contain graves and these have to be moved to consecrated ground before their existing plot of land can be de-consecrated. Does that make sense?

Each one of these old chapels or churches that goes to the builders is representative of the departed Glory of the Lord from that place. Did His Glory ever fill the place? Moot point I suspect but nevertheless, whether it did or not, it has certainly departed now. Each one is simply a statistic in the downgrading of our faith and the faith of the people of that area. I suspect the downward path has not finished yet – by a long way.

What the Spirit is showing me is that this passage is representative of the 21st century Church. It has grown corrupt. It has turned aside to false gods and idols – worthless alternatives to the living God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, and co-partner together with Jesus and His Holy Spirit in the Trinity. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit – three in one. Many leaders of the Church have turned aside from God to worship ‘things’ like money, possessions, drugs, sport, or whatever. Many have turned aside and compromised their beliefs for the sake of retaining their living, their income.

Many have taken on board false doctrines like same sex marriages, or replacement theology, or women’s choice over life and death. All these and countless more are anathema to the Lord God Almighty. Some have been deceived and taken over by false religions such as Chrislam, or prosperity, or ecumenism. More still have simply given over huge chunks of their faith by denial – denial of Satan, denial of the resurrection, denial of the Trinity, denial that the Bible is God’s Word.

“There is coming a day”, says the Lord, “When I will expose ALL these false doctrines and teachings, and men will realise, once and for all time, the reality of who Jesus is, what He has done for us, and why He has done it. A day when men will be marked with My mark, like those in Ezekiel’s day, when My angels, moved by My Spirit, will separate the wheat from the chaff and all that is not wheat shall be burned.”

“There is still coming a shaking, many have warned of this, when everything that can be shaken will be shaken and everything that is not of Me shall fall whilst only that which is of Me will remain standing – tried and tested in My refining fire. However”, says the Lord, ”My promises are true and will stand for ever, and If My people, who are called by My Name will repent and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will heal their land. There is still time but it is getting very short. Call your people to repentance. Demonstrate My power by My Spirit. Heal the sick. Cast out demons. Release the captives. Free the slaves.

“Let My people GO”, says the Lord God of Hosts. “Let My Glory return or stay with you until I call it back and Jesus comes for His Bride. Guard My Glory with vigour and in My Name you will do more than you ever dreamed possible.”

I have written nothing here that cannot be confirmed in God’s Word. This is just a warning of those things still to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment