Tuesday 23 August 2011

Let God Lift your Faith - part 2 of 3

What Part of Trust Do You Not Understand?

Another question from the Lord just cropped up. What Part of “Trust” Do You Not Understand?’ I’m not quite sure when the Lord asked me this, but certainly He asked my wife this in the past. This Sunday morning, at church, we were presented with this same question and I received prayer for it. Also this morning, I received a message which said ‘wet rust’ – the Lord pointed out that this could also be ‘We trust’. So I sought the Lord on this and He confirmed the question - ‘What part of “trust” do you not understand?’ He had asked this of my wife a while back and now He was asking it of me.

Trust is usually a hard won or hard gained entity. Do you trust everyone you meet? Of course you don’t. Those you do trust - how many did you trust when you first met them? Probably none of them. So how, exactly, did you learn to trust them? Most likely, they had to show you that you could trust them and, even then, it was gained one step at a time. It is exactly the same with God. He first asks us to trust Him then He sets about proving Himself trustworthy in our eyes.

We have been going through the mill a bit recently and the enemy has wasted no opportunity to fill us with fear or worry or ‘concern’ about our situation, our ministry callings, and so on. After service this morning, my wife – thank God for women’s wisdom – said this to me, “Stop looking at the world. The Bible says that the hairs on your head are numbered, that the birds are all fed, and the flowers are clothed. So we are not to concern ourselves with tomorrow – only today.”

‘Lord I believe; help thou mine unbelief.’ Mark 9: 24 (KJV)

Why is it that we wait until we are desperate before we go to the Lord for reassurance and an answer? Why do we seek the worlds answers first before we trust God enough to ask for His answer? Even when we have God’s answer, why is it we are so tentative in our response?

‘Lord I believe; help thou mine unbelief.’ Mark 9: 24 (KJV)

Why is it that, when we have the worlds answers, because there is always more than one, we are still so confused? Why is it that we ask God for His answer, then worry about it before simply trusting Him and doing what He says?

‘What part of “trust” do you not understand?’

‘Lord I believe; help thou mine unbelief.’ Mark 9: 24 (KJV)

2 comments:

  1. Please help me for Christ sake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just like a two-year-old who always says, "No! ME DO IT!" That's me. I think we all struggle with this in our life, but it is always good to hear about it from God's Word. Hubris, is, in my opinion, the root of many of our ills. Thanks for reminding us Chris! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete