Tuesday 16 August 2011

A Short Testimony

My blog

This is really a short testimony about the history of my blog bio etc. My blog welcome statement says this –

“If I have knowledge – it is from God. If I have learning – it is from God. If I have wisdom – it is from God. Anything and everything I have is from God, for I am an unlearned man. I have no theology. I have no Bible college training. I am not an ordained minister – and actually I have no calling to be one either. I am nearly 68 years old and I have only been in ministry for four years or so. All I have is Calvary and God’s grace.“

So where did that come from I wondered? The Lord reminded me.

It started life when I was spending a few moments with the Lord. It came as I remembered Isaiah’s words when the Lord called him to be a prophet to Israel. Isaiah 6:5 says “ “ Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips, And I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; For my eyes have seen the King, The LORD of hosts.”

My words came as a reflection of Isaiah’s cry. “Lord, you are calling me to speak your words, yet I am a man of no reputation. I have no credibility, no record, and very little experience. Who will listen to me or take notice of what I say? Lord, how can you use such as me?” The Lord answered me in a way that only He can.

Did I not place a pen in your hand those years ago to start you writing? Did I not command your mentor to teach you these things? When you were faced with all those people in Brussels, did I not give you accurate words? I will use whosoever I choose.”

The Lord was referring to three very specific moments in my life when He made His presence known to me in ways that I will never forget. The first was when I was first encouraged to take on the UK & Ireland Revival News Letter. I had never written as such before but the Lord gave me enough for over 100 editions of the news letter before it was taken over by another.

The second moment came when a then relatively new friend called me and said what the Lord has asked him to do for and with me. He asked if I was prepared to go along with it. I prayed and the Lord seemed to say yes. The rest is history as I have now spoken all round Europe when on trips with the ministry.

The third moment came in October 2007 on my very first time on a ministry trip. About 300 people responded to the question – “Does anyone here want a word from the Lord?” My mentor divided them in two saying, “Here you are Chris, you take this half and I’ll take that half!” I had never done public ministry before, but the Lord graciously gave me words for 150 people that evening – and I had the local pastor listening to, and confirming, every word that came out of my mouth!

If God could use me, He can use anyone at all. So to use some much more famous examples - Jacob was a cheat, Peter had a temper, David had an affair, Noah got drunk, Jonah ran from God, Paul was a murderer, Gideon was insecure, Miriam was a gossiper, Martha was a worrier, Thomas was a doubter, Sara was impatient, Elijah was moody, Moses stuttered, Jeremiah said he was too young, Zaccheus was short, Abraham was old – so was Joshua, and Lazarus was dead.... Now, what's YOUR excuse? Can God use you or not? – He has been, and still is, using me.

God doesn't call the qualified, HE QUALIFIES THE CALLED!!!!

Oh HALLELUJAH \o/

No comments:

Post a Comment