Tuesday 27 December 2011

From Dave Howe

Pride says, Humility is.
By David Howe.

Pride says – I will – My will – I am – Look at me – Look what I have done.
Pride says – My way – I am better than you – Looking down on others.

Humility is – How can I help you – Looks after others – Keeps no record of wrongs.
Humility is – Loving others above yourself – Lays down its life – Is dead to self.

Pride says – I am over you – Above you – So good am I.
Pride says – Bigger and better than you – I must be right – Look at how much I have got - I am a winner and no time for those I consider losers.

Humility lets its yes be yes and it’s no be no - Knows is place in God – Trusts – Is child like faith – Believes what God says.

Pride says – Come to my church – My church is better than the others – Thinks it has all the truth – Look at my ministry – Worship me.
Pride says – I am in charge – Follow me – I am your leader – I am lord – I will control – Draws others to itself.

Humility is – Giving without reward – Without thinking about getting – Does not know what the other hand is doing – Preferring others – Loves all – Shares the Gospel.

Pride says – I have no time for little people – Go away – I don’t need you – I am rich and have much goods.

Humility is – Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven – Hearing that still small voice – Being at peace times of trouble – Does not worry about tomorrow – Does not demand.

Pride says – I will ascend – I will be better than God – I will be above – I will be as the most high.
Pride says – Did God say – You will not die – You will be as gods.
Prides says – I will get even – I hate you – Kills all.

Humility hung on a cross – Died for our sins – Shed his blood – Conquered death and rose again – Forgives – Washes us whiter than snow – Sent us a comforter – Saves us from hell.

Pride gets easily angered – Hurts others – Runs away from the truth – Cuts others off – Lives alone – Burns with envy – Hates freedom – Builds empires – Brings death – Casts down into hell - Is anti Christ.

Humility says – Come unto me all who are heavy leaden and I will give you rest.

Humility is – God sending his son Jesus Christ.
Humility is – Walking among us by His Spirit – Comes to live in all who repent and believe on Jesus name – Fills you with his Holy Spirit.

Humility is Jesus Christ.

****

David Howe is a friend. He is on FB under his name and as Wellspring Prophetic Ministry

No comments:

Post a Comment