Sunday 18 December 2011

Unchanging God

Unchanging God

As a child, how many times did you hear some adult or another say, “Don’t do as I do, do as I say.” What a wonderful piece of advice (NOT) Also what a great admission of our own hypocrisy. Thank God that He is not like that.

He says in Numbers 23:19 “God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?”, for God speaks and it is so. He says much the same in 1 Sam 15:29 “He who is the Glory of Israel does not lie or change his mind; for he is not a man, that he should change his mind.” I find that, whenever the Word of God says something twice or more times, then the Lord really does want us to grasp the point He is making.

It is the same principle in " . . . . For I will forgive their wickedness and I will remember their sins no more." Jeremiah 31:34b He makes this promise in at least FOUR places in His Word – Isaiah, Jeremiah and twice in Hebrews. Why does He need to repeat Himself to us? Perhaps we just don’t believe it – it’s such a great promise.

The promises of God are all Yes and Amen! 2 Corinthians 1:20 says this, “For no matter how many promises God has made, they are Yes in Christ. And so through him the Amen is spoken by us to the glory of God.” What more do you want God to say to you? How many more times and in how many ways do you want Him to tell you these things?

God is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8)

He does not lie (Numbers 23:19)

He delivers His promises (Numbers 23:19 & 2 Corinthians 1:20)

ALL His promises are Yes & Amen (2 Corinthians 1:20)

And yet He makes us one more statement; one more promise; one more confirmation of His love for us.

Malachi 3:6 “For I am the LORD, I do not change”. You can’t get better than that can you?

There are probably many more scriptures like these – you can find them too because He also says “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the LORD” Jeremiah 29:11-14 That is a promise worth having. He will listen to you and He will be found by you – if you seek Him with all your heart.

God is GOOD and He does not change – EVER. Hallelujah \o/

2 comments:

  1. Amen....God only has to repeat himself because he knows there are points that we, being man, have a tough time understanding.....thanks for these wise words...I am blessed!

    ReplyDelete