Friday 9 December 2011

Warning !!

How much warning do we need?

I have posted much about the end times recently and I have asked the Lord why and if this is to do with my calling is for this time and this day? After a lot of prayer, listening to the Lord, and study, I now personally believe I am called to be what I understand the Lord is calling “an end time watchman”. What is that? It is one who watches for and interprets signs of the end times. It is a prophetic calling. Is it so hard to believe that such as me could be used in this way? It is to me – but apparently not so to a few others.

So when CNN, the American main-stream reporting and news agency, via reporter Matthew Knight, put out an internet banner headline recently, “Floods, landslides, fire and drought: Extreme weather the norm in 2011” (http://edition.cnn.com/2011/12/07/world/europe/floods-fire-weather-2011/index.html)

I sat up and took notice. I found the report interesting in terms of how it ties up with so much of Biblical prophecy. So, I found a few scriptures to back up my thoughts too.

“And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;” ~ Luke 21:25

“And I will show wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath;” ~ Acts 2:19a

“Blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke:” ~ Joel 2:30b

“And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.” ~ Luke 21:11

“The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of Lord come.” ~ Joel 2:31

Now, today, we have news of possibly the worst storms that Scotland has seen in a few generations, maybe ever – winds of up to 165mph with snow blizzards. The world asks what is going on? Why is the weather doing this? Why are world events turning the way they are?

Let’s see now, could it just be some signs of the times? Could it possibly be that God is letting us know something here? Are these, even remotely, some possible harbingers of the end times spoken of so clearly in the Word of God?

It is not for me to tell you what to believe and what not to believe, and for that I thank God. It is simply my job to warn you and explain why I think some of these things. So it is with this blog post. All I can do is point these things out as a warning to you to prepare yourselves for the end times. You have the privilege of choice to believe me and accept the warning, or to discard what I say as rubbish – it is entirely up to you.

How much warning does the Church need? How much warning do YOU need? It’s all there for you to discern for yourselves. It’s just that sometimes, it takes someone like me to stick his neck out; to put his reputation on the line a little bit; and speak out these things so that you may, in your own time, decide for yourself and take any action you deem to be appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment