Thursday 24 January 2013

Fruit of Obedience



The Fruit of Obedience

How many of you know just how much of God’s plans for anyone depend on our obedience? Sometimes our disobedience can delay God’s planning for a long time, but obedience brings those plans to fruition – frequently with added blessings as well.

I want to share a testimony with you today. Not one of my own but something recent from a good friend of mine. He recently felt urged to call a pastor working in and around a corner of Essex, just outside the Eastern end of London. In roughly his own words, this is what happened.

The pastor was walking down his local street when he was approached by an elderly lady whom he didn’t know and, as it turned out, who didn’t know him. She walked right up to him and said, “I need you to come with me and pray for a family near by.” The pastor immediately went with the old lady and met a family from South America who are living and working in the London area. As he was being introduced, my friend phoned him in obedience to God’s call. The man of the family then took my friends call.

My friend said, “The Lord has told me to call you because you have a close family member who is ill. Her name is “Jane” and this is what is wrong with her” – and he named a few things. The man was a little taken aback but confirmed everything my friend had spoken to him. It was his mother who was ill and she was in Italy !! My friend prayed with the family and the man was so excited and convinced of God’s healing that he immediately emailed his mother telling her she had been healed! We await that confirmation but do not doubt the truth of it.

All this because first one man obeyed the call of God to go with a total stranger to pray for a family he had never even met. Then another man obeyed the call of God to make a phone call to the first man. Finally, the third man obeyed the prompting of God to receive first a stranger to pray with him, then another stranger to speak to him – all about his mother’s healing – 1500 miles away in Italy. It is the fruit of obedience.

This kind of testimony always excites me and I love to share it. I hope it encourages and blesses you today – just like it did for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment