Sunday 13 January 2013

Holiness



Holiness

1 Peter 1:15-16  "But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”

Is this the Lord’s call on you this year? I feel it is, for many, the 2013 “Name of the Game”. At a time when the world is going down the drain, and much of the church is following the world, I hear the call of God to those who will listen to “Come closer, come deeper, Be Holy because I am Holy.”

My wife and I recently visited a prayer retreat centre for just half a day. We were seeking the Lord for His will for us. We knew He had brought us to this place for a time such as this. A door was opening and we wanted to hear what was God’s will for us. We had been still in His presence for a while and both felt we had heard something from God. I wrote mine down so my wife went first. She spoke about coming deeper and being more holy. I had written, “Come deeper – personal holiness”. I felt that this was not just for us – no matter how accurately we had echoed each others thoughts – but that this was for the whole church in preparation for the coming days of trials and testing.

I, along with many others, believe that Jesus is coming for His Bride very soon. That being so, it is logical to say that we are in the Biblical end times. This also being so, it is also logical to believe the prophecies of those end times, prophecies of troubles, persecution, and stormy weather symptoms, to be imminent. Many such prophecies are indeed happening right now, especially those of persecution and of storms, earthquakes, fires, floods, and wars. From all of this, it is but a short and fairly obvious step to understanding the requirement of greater personal holiness in order to both prepare us for His coming, and to equip us for the harvest.

Having established the reasoning for greater personal holiness, one has now only to ask this – are you ready for Jesus to return? Would you be ready if He returned tonight, or even tomorrow? Is your lamp ready – full of oil, wick trimmed, and oil to spare?

If not, then maybe it’s time to be prepared.

2 comments: