Tuesday 1 January 2013

Jan 1st 2013



For 2013

Here we are, it’s January the first 2013. New year celebrations are done – well, almost – and we prepare for those odd things called New Years Resolutions. My Grandma used to call them “resomolutions” for some reason. It meant the same but it always made us smile when she asked us what ours were to be for the coming new year.

Personally, I have never seriously made any new year resolutions. However, this year may be an exception as we are about to undertake a totally new ‘adventure’ into which the Lord has been leading us for the last year or so. So now may be the moment for resolve and to pray this very well known prayer – “God, grant me the Serenity To accept the things I cannot change The courage to change the things I can And the wisdom to know the difference.”

It’s a new year, a new season for us personally, and I feel strongly that the Lord is calling all of us, you and me, closer to Him, closer to His Son, and closer to Holy Spirit. The coming year will be a seminal year for many, including us personally, and our church, and it is time to go ever deeper with the Lord to make sure we are always ready and always willing – whenever He calls.

Amen – Come Lord Jesus \o/ Draw me ever deeper, ever closer to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment