Wednesday 2 January 2013

New Year - New Things



New Year - New Things

As we begin a brand new year with all its promise, potential, and as-yet unfulfilled dreams, I am pleasantly reminded of all this by the last Bible “verse for the day” I received for 2012. Isaiah 43:16, 18-19 "This is what the LORD says— he who made a way through the sea, a path through the mighty waters, “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland."

As I read these verses, I realised the excitement that this new year brings to us and to God. Yes, I truly believe God does get excited with us at the prospects He is opening up before us. Does that make sense? I mean, do you think God really does get excited with us, possibly for us, as we tread the new path He has prepared for us? I think He does, you know, as He is watching the fulfillment of His carefully crafted plans for us.

I wonder how many times I have read that scripture yet have not had the excitement it brings me today? I wonder how many of you have read that scripture and said to yourselves, as I have said to myself, “Yes, that’s fine Lord, but what new thing can I expect this year?” Yet, somehow, this time around, I am willing to believe so much more for the coming year. I am excited for the things not seen yet hoped for. Prophetically, I am encouraged enough to speak ‘that which is not as though it were’, believing that is God’s will for us this coming year.

I have seen doors opened for us in 2012 that we will walk through in 2013 with great anticipation and excitement. Whoever said that being a Christian isn’t exciting? How wrong can they be? I want to LIVE church this year. I want to BE all that God calls me to be. I want to DO all that He is asking me to do.

I want to reach the lost, free the bound, heal the sick. I want the deaf to hear, the lame walk, the blind to see, and the captives to be set free.  I want to be that sanctuary, a place of hope, encouragement, and refreshing.

I want to take back everything the enemy calls his own, I want to consecrate it, and I want to use it for God’s Kingdom purposes. This new year of 2013, I want to fulfil all that the Lord has for me and much, much more. I want to plant the deserts, water the dry places, make ways in the wilderness, open doors for those who don’t know how to do so.

I feel more ‘alive’ and excited at this turn of year than I have ever felt before. I want to do everything I do “as unto the Lord” Himself and for His eternal Glory.

Why? Because His Word says I can and He calls me to do so – that’s why !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment