Monday 25 July 2011

Are You Ready - 2

Questions for you?

I have just four questions for you today.

· I believe that we are getting ever closer to that moment when Jesus will come again in Glory. How will you face Him on that day?

Are you ready to face the Lord? One day we shall all see him face to face and answer for our lives – good or bad. I know that my own life could be better and I am trying – admittedly, not too hard sometimes – to get it more right with Him. Yet I am trying although there still appears to be a way to go.

· There is an urgency within me that tells me to prepare for the return and the Rapture. Are you ready for Him?

This has been uppermost in my thoughts this past month or more and I keep speaking to people about it. Personally, I can say, “YES Lord – I am ready for your return today.” I really can say that with my hand on my heart – even if I can’t say the same about what follows the rapture – judgement. I don’t think any one of us will ever be ready for Judgement Day but we can at least prepare ourselves as best we are able. Grace, undeserved, unwarranted Grace is all that keeps me and is all I need to carry me through. Jesus paid all my debts, paid for all my sin, at Calvary and Grace took over. I am forgiven, and Grace keeps me so with a little prompting from the Holy Spirit.

· For all your talk of revival, can you face the Lord with a clean heart today – or do you need more time?

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, it’s only by the Holy Spirit’s love and power that I can face the Lord with a clean heart. It’s only by Jesus’ redemptive Blood that I can claim my salvation. According to God’s own Word, “The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it? I, the LORD, search the heart and examine the mind, to reward a man according to his conduct, according to what his deeds deserve.” Jeremiah 17:9-10 OUCH !! This means that I have to set a constant watch over my own heart to stop it following its own natural instincts, and set it to following God’s plans for me. Only the Holy Spirit can achieve this for me so who better to ask for His help?

· Are we taking the Lord for granted? Are we too familiar around Him. Do we revere & treasure His presence as we should?

Think about it, almost every meeting or service we hold, we glibly quote Matthew 18:20 “For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them.” We take God at His own Word and blithely plough on with our meeting without actually inviting His presence or participation. Yet God is the ultimate Gentleman and He will never assume that we actually want Him to join in with us. He will be there, yet He will not manifest anything and our meeting will remain just another meeting without any unction in it because God may be there, but He is not being allowed or invited to participate in any way. There is no reverence for His presence; no gratitude for His presence. We are altogether too familiar with Him and about Him. How much of Him we must miss out on. How much we must grieve Him too.

Don’t you think it’s an idea, maybe even a good idea, to clean ourselves up a little bit more, prepare our hearts a little be extra. Psalm 51:10-12 asks God, “Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.”

I think this is the best prayer of all? Don’t you ??

2 comments:

  1. Thinking the same brother, it's the best prayer for all of us, thanks for sharing.
    You know what? our LORD God knows your work and your love for Him and to the saints; Holy Spirit asked me to encourage you that "HE KNOWS YOU".
    Take courage, extend your ministry still you have time for that, because we all need your wisdom and your presence among us is the blessing.
    Bless you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - thank you and bless you. That certainly is a great encouragement. Thank you for listening to Holy Spirit and being obedient.

    ReplyDelete