Saturday 10 September 2011

Gaithers Again

Oh Love that will not let me go

I’m back with the Gaithers once again. Can’t help it – I just love their close harmony music. Southern Gospel some call it while it’s close to Barbershop to others.

There is one song of theirs that holds a particular place in my heart. I should say our hearts as we had this song at our wedding in November 2010. It is apparently an old Scottish hymn and is actually quite superb in both the full choral version and in the Gaithers treatment of it as well.

Also, the words are simply beautiful

O Love that will not let me go

O Love that will not let me go,

I rest my weary soul in thee;

I give thee back the life I owe,

That in thine ocean depths its flow

May richer, fuller be.

O Joy that seekest me through pain,

I cannot close my heart to thee;

I trace the rainbow through the rain,

And feel the promise is not vain,

That morn shall tearless be.

O Cross that liftest up my head,

I dare not ask to fly from thee;

I lay in dust life’s glory dead,

And from the ground there blossoms red

Life that shall endless be.

Listen to it now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sykrVzp2vPg Listen and marvel at four voices in almost perfect unison singing a wonderful old hymn of praise and worship.

Learn the effects of grace – the Grace & love that will not let you go, that will not let you stray, that forgives all.

No comments:

Post a Comment