Friday 9 September 2011

When Is Revival Coming?

There is an absolute plethora of prophecy about revival coming to the UK at the moment. Even I have given several words to my own church and I know of many other words being given by prophets both known and unknown – unknown outside their own local environment that is.

So it is that the next very obvious question is being asked more and more, and that is – “When?” Or “What is delaying it?”

Perfectly valid questions in any situation. Vitally urgent questions at this present time. It is not so much the question of when because, as with everything else in our well ordered lives, God will move whenever God will move – not a moment earlier nor a moment later. Everything that is happening in the world right now is set by His timetable and we simply await His pleasure for anything to happen – especially revival.

So the real question is that concerning delay. Why does it seem to be delaying? What is it that delays it so? And what must we do to fulfil the conditions necessary for revival to break out here in the UK?

For the past four years, the ministry I serve has been going all round Northern Europe preparing churches and congregations for the coming revival in Scandinavia and elsewhere. We have increasingly also sensed revival coming to the UK. However the words we are hearing with regard to the UK and many other parts of Europe are words like Stiff-necked, Unrepentant, Unprepared, Unready, Rebellious, Stubborn, and Unbelieving !!! Not very encouraging are they.

Yet there must be hope too as the word we have just received for Norway is, “When the leaves fall.” So we come back to the Word of God to see what He is saying. One thing He said around 3000 years ago still rings loud and clear. It is one of the greatest promises in the whole Bible and it is particularly relevant today – right now!

The LORD Appears to Solomon

“I have heard your prayer and have chosen this place for myself as a temple for sacrifices. “When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there.” Emphasis mine

2 Chronicles 7:12-16 says very clearly that IF we do as He asks, THEN He will forgive our sins, AND He will heal our land. Can you imagine the effects on the life of the nation that achieves this?


But to get back to the question – when is revival coming – we just don’t know. All we can do is to play our part and be prepared. All we can do is prepare as per 2 Chronicles 7: 13-14 and then wait on the Lord for Him to move sovereignly among us.

No comments:

Post a Comment