Tuesday 6 August 2013

Break my Heart


Break My Heart
  
I have often told people to be careful what you pray for, what you ask of God, because He might just give it to you. So I thought little of it when I was impressed with the words of a song, “Hosanna”, that went, “Break my heart for what breaks Yours, Everything I am for your Kingdom cause”. My wife and I prayed this prayer together, asking God to break our hearts for whatever breaks His – regardless of the cost to ourselves. Why did I add that last caveat? Because I know that, if I am to go deeper to where I know the Lord has called me, then I must die more to self in order to live more to Him.

The first thing He did was to have a friend with whom I ministered remind me of when we visited some people in Holland. We went to bless some new business premises and to give words of prophecy to the leadership. As we were leaving, the Lord suddenly broke my heart for the “people recycling unit” to whom we had ministered. It was very public and He broke me to the extent that I literally sobbed for two hours. The next thing I know, we are visiting another “people recycling unit” a bit closer to home, and once again, the Lord broke my heart for the people there. This time we weren’t ministering at all but visiting and joining in their praise and worship.

Now, He’s done it again. This time He broke me over one lost soul who died in great fear and trepidation and who maybe didn’t know the Lord for himself. The very thought of meeting my maker without first knowing Him became a “driver” within me and I really don’t want ever to see anyone die like that again.

I know that the Lord is preparing both of us for another season. We have an inkling what it will be about but we cannot really imagine what or how our roles will be defined or transacted. Sometimes we just have to trust that the Lord is in control and will lead us where He wants us to go. If we trust Him, what is there to fear? Nothing at all as far as we are concerned. We have His peace, that passes all understanding, and we trust Him totally for all things.

I am aware that I keep talking about stuff that happens or has happened to me, but testimony is all I have to offer. Once you get working in and for God’s Kingdom, then a lot of testimony accrues rather quickly. So I offer no apology for it, rather, I encourage you to accrue some testimony of your own. It says in Revelation 12:11 “They triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony”.  Not-yet-Christians can argue scripture or theology or doctrine as much as they like, but they cannot argue nor refute your testimony.

To God be ALL the Glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment