Friday 30 August 2013

A New Thing

A New Thing

Isaiah 43:18-19 “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.  See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?”

I can almost hear the groans from here. “Not this old chestnut again!” How many more “new things” must we hear about? When is there really coming a genuine “new thing”? Let me ask you in return, how many new things have you missed because of your closed ears and eyes, and because of your stubborn-ness? How many new starts do you want the Lord to give you before you will wake up saying, “What is happening? Where did this spring from? Why did nobody tell me?”

The Lord is saying that “because you have rejected so many new beginnings, your eyes and ears have become dull to me. You think you will recognise My Spirit when He moves among you because you will be able to say, “I recognise that! That is what the Lord did then so it must be the start of something new.” 

“Not so”, says the Lord. “I am doing a NEW thing, unlike anything you’ve seen before. I will use unknown people because they will give me ALL the glory. I can no longer trust the so-called “market leaders” who profit from everything they do – with little or no thought for anyone else. This coming move will be so very different. So different that you may try to reject it because you do not see my hallmarks – you will not recognise My hand. Nevertheless, the work  will continue - with or without you to “help and guide it along.” 

You will not need to shepherd this move, nor control it, nor guard those to whom you pass it on. For I will be doing all of that. For I am raising a young and vibrant army who will not fear mans derision or scorn; they will not fear their peers who may not want to believe them. This young army will fearlessly go into a lion’s den in order to win the lost, and they will bring thousands into My kingdom,” says God. “They shall have wisdom beyond their years and they shall  perform miracles that some have openly said are not even possible. But more than this, they shall be an influence in their generation and to their elders.” 

I really cannot say what this coming move of God’s Holy Spirit is going to look like. All I do know is that it is coming, it is BIG, and it will be a surprise to many. I believe it will bring many thousands, maybe millions of converts from other faiths, and even large numbers from the atheist community. It will also bring ferocious opposition and persecution – the Salvation Army motto, “Blood and Fire”, will even seem appropriate.

Hold on to your seats – it’s gonna be an exciting ride !!

No comments:

Post a Comment