Tuesday 13 August 2013

The Glory of the Lord

The Glory of the Lord

Today, I asked the Lord to show me His Glory. I had been reading about both Moses and Elijah who both caught a glimpse of the Glory of God. I wondered what it might have been like to hide in a ‘cleft in the rock’ in order just to get a glimpse of God. I have recently been seeking His face, so I asked Him for just a glimpse of His Glory. This is what I saw.

I saw sunrise and sunset in all their majestic glory. I saw darkness fade in the all surpassing beauty of dawn and I heard the breezes sigh at the fading of day and the star spangled sky slowly came into focus as dusk gathered and finally gave way to night. I marvelled at the thought that God could call each and every star by name and I was just awestruck at the beauty of a clear night with the stars all on parade – all present and correct in their assigned place – all giving their glory to their creator who holds them in place with His strong and mighty arm.

I praised God

I saw mountains and streams in all their beauty and grandeur. I watched as a stream became inch by inch bigger and more powerful until it was a torrential river – finally settling into a gentler wider flow to feed and water the land. I saw the incredible might of mountains with great birds soaring among the peaks. I saw snow covered mountain-tops twinkling and sparkling in the sun. The power and beauty of creation at its greatest.

I gave God all the glory

I saw dainty wild flowers and roses – all designed and sculpted by the unseen hand of their creator. I saw the minutiae of stamens with their pollen being harvested by myriad bees and other insects, some almost too small to see but still perfectly designed for their job.

I worshipped God

I saw humming birds and eagles, each with specific jobs allocated to them yet all bringing their specific beauty to the whole order of creation. I saw flying creatures of every colour, shape, and size – every one of them made by the Lord for His pleasure and for His glory.

I sang His praises

I saw oceans and ponds – the waters of the earth – measured by God’s hand and bringing life to everything that lives. I saw salt water and I saw fresh water. I saw the water of life that flows from under the temple, (Ezekiel 47), and I saw trees that gave fruit every month and leaves for healing. I saw a mighty oak grow from a little acorn. I saw fish of every shape and size in the oceans and I saw little frogs and newts in ponds. I saw mighty ships and tiny boats – I saw man on land, at sea, and in the air.

I danced before His throne

Finally, I saw the Lion and Lamb lie down together before the throne of God and I knew I had seen the Glory of God that fills the earth and the heavens.


I worshipped the Lord with all of my heart for my eyes have seen His glory. I fell on my face in adoration before Him. Holy, holy, holy is indeed the Lord our God. The Lord Almighty is His Name and I shall worship Him forever. Yes, me and my house, we will serve the Lord for ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment