Wednesday 14 August 2013

Lukewarm Church

The Lukewarm Church

Revelation 3:14-22 “And to the angel of the church of Laodicea write,
‘These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God:  “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot.  So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.  Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’ — and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked —  I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see.  As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent.  Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.  To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.
 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”’”

This Lukewarm Church was at Laodicea – it has spread since the first century. One of its satellite churches is right there in your home town.

I believe I hear the Lord saying, “You worship but you stop short of breakthrough. You pray but you stop short of intercession. Your desire for Me stops short of desperation.

“Worship Me with abandon. Pray to me as though your life depended upon it. Get desperate for Me – seek Me, My face, My presence - if you want to see My promises fulfilled. Don’t say this is wrong scripturally because My promises always come with “If you – Then I . . . “ You have fallen short of the “If you. . “ bit but you have expected Me to answer and fulfil the “Then I” bit.

“You have prayed and worshipped Me but you have never become desperate because you are satisfied with your own efforts. Remember, I do not look at the outward appearance. I measure you by your heart and I do not see your heart in everything you do.”

I hear the Lord saying, “If My people who are called by My Name will seek My face with their whole heart; If they will worship me with their whole heart; If they will come before Me with their whole heart – THEN I will answer with the fire of My Spirit.”

Church, I believe we are so close to breakthrough, yet still so far away. I don’t know about anyone else, but I can smell the incense of the throne room; I can see the glow of the Shekinah Glory; I can hear the angels moving around ready to open the doors – but its all still ‘just round the corner’ – It’ll be here any minute – or will it?


It is my belief that the time is right and if we want God to move among us then we need to lay hold of Him and not let go until He blesses us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment