Wednesday 21 August 2013

Prophesy to the Dry Bones Again

Prophesy to the Bones Again

Ezekiel 37:7a “So I prophesied as I was commanded”

A good friend posted this today. As soon as I read it I heard the Lord speaking. This scripture is taken from the Dry Bones story in Ezekiel 37. The full quote starts in verse 1 through to 10 but the important verses are these

“And He said to me, “Son of man, can these bones live?”
“So I answered, “O Lord GOD, You know.”
“Again He said to me, “Prophesy to these bones”
“So I prophesied as I was commanded; but there was no breath in them.”
“Also He said to me, “Prophesy to the breath,”  So I prophesied as He commanded me, and breath came into them, and they lived, and stood upon their feet, an exceedingly great army.”

It was as much what the Lord said to me as what He showed me as well. He showed me some of the beautiful old churches in our area, many of which are in an inevitable state of imperfect repair. I knew I was looking at God’s view of the Church – not just here but throughout the Western world.  It has grown old, is rather dry, and, to be honest, it  looks a bit dated and tatty.

“Can these bones live?”
“You alone know, Lord”
“Prophesy to the bones.”
“Now prophesy to the breath.”

Now the Lord can open the gates to revival.

I felt very strongly that the Lord is calling us to join Him in the valley of dry bones that is the church right now. I believe He is calling us to prophesy once again to the bones and to prophesy to the breath. I believe that God is about to use us to rebuild His Church and to breathe life back into it.

Then He will open the floodgates of revival.

You all know what happens next. Watch for the prophecy later.

3 comments: