Monday 2 April 2012

Even the stones will cry out

Silence? No Chance !!

Like many people, I scan the social media for verses of scripture to ’check out’. Many people, including me, post what I guess we regard as inspirational or encouraging quotes from God’s Word. Now I don’t know about anyone else, but just occasionally, a verse leaps from the page or screen and slaps me in the face like a wet fish. “Why haven’t I seen that before?” is a frequent cry as God speaks to me through an often familiar, or appropriate verse.

A recent morning’s verse was of the appropriate kind, and I confess, I didn’t remember seeing it previously although I must have read it a few times. It is from Jeremiah 20:9 (NKJV) ”Then I said, “I will not make mention of Him, Nor speak anymore in His name.” But His word was in my heart like a burning fire. Shut up in my bones; I was weary of holding it back, And I could not.”

Like fire in my heart and I could not hold it back.

God’s Word is like that for all of us isn’t it? One day we read it and we get little or nothing. Then, when we are least expecting it, it is presented before us and ‘burns like fire’ in our hearts, and we cannot ‘hold it back’.

We have to speak it out.

I am so grateful that His Word burns in my heart. I am so glad that I cannot hold it back. I am so glad I have to speak it out. Jeremiah’s words addressed his own personal feelings as a prophet. They also address my and many other people’s feelings when given a prophetic word – I have to speak it out lest it ‘burn right through my heart and my bones.’

As the Word says, “But His word was in my heart like a burning fire Shut up in my bones; I was weary of holding it back, And I could not.”

Don’t hold it back – speak it out. That is why God gives us words – for us to speak them out prophetically.

3 comments:

  1. Amen, let's speak it out. Let the World hear about Jesus. “So do not be afraid of them. There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known. What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs. Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell,"(Matthew 10:26-28).

    ReplyDelete
  2. If God can use one such as me to speak out, He can use anyone. It is a privilege I don't undervalue Henry and I hope I will never hold anything back too. Bless you brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so many people speak out about everything... but Jesus. just speak about how HE has blessed your heart and others will easily see HIM in you.

    you and Linda bless me so!!

    love ya Both

    @spreadingJOY

    ReplyDelete