Tuesday 17 April 2012

Last thoughts on Easter

Because He lives

It’s still Easter season and my thoughts are still on the wonders of the cross and all that it means to you and me. I am still marvelling at the sacrifice and its implications for all of mankind. Then, you know how this sort of thing just happens, a song is aired and something causes you to listen to the actual words. It is normally the chorus that lingers in the memory and so it was with me this morning. Such a song as this.

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.
Because He lives, All fear is gone!
Because I know He holds the future
And life is worth the living just because He lives!

Bill & Gloria Gaither – and if you want to listen too - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpwQO3ckqNI

I admit that I am a Gaither fan and I have probably more of their music than any other single group or artist. Yet there is something so very true and so incredibly encouraging and hopeful about these words.

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow. I am reminded of Romans 8:38-39 “For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” If these words of scripture are true then YES, I can face tomorrow and every other day knowing that God is with me, He loves me, and He has a plan for my life. SO nothing will happen today that will surprise Him and that I, with Him beside me, cannot handle.

Because He lives, All fear is gone! 1 John 4:18 tells us that, “There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear.” Knowing this, what can life do to me that I should fear anything.

Because I know He holds the future – Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Plans are made only for the future otherwise they would be pointless.

And life is worth the living just because He lives! Corny but true – I get up each morning and look in a mirror. If I see me looking back then it is a great to be alive morning. Then I remember that Jesus lives in me and that makes life so much more worth living. I often wonder how people can live without Jesus in their lives? How can they live life without Holy Spirit leading and teaching them? How do they cope with all that life throws at them without Jesus? He is my Lord, my comforter, my Saviour, my friend – He gives my life purpose and direction.

Oh yes, Life is very definitely worth the living just because He lives – in me, in you, and in all who call upon His Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment