Monday 30 April 2012

One Day - Soon


One Day Soon

One day soon, two things are going to happen – the first two of the three R’s of Christianity – Revival, Rapture, and Return. Why am I only addressing two of the three? Because if the first two happen, I hope I won’t be here for the third, but many of you may well be.

Revival – There are many Biblical prophecies for one last great revival before Jesus returns to collect His Bride. The Lord doesn’t want to lose a single one of us so the last great revival is also known as the “end-time” revival. It is prophesied more recently that this end-time revival is very close. Indeed, even I have had visions and words from the Lord about it. Many prophetic voices are saying that it will be very different to any other previous revival in that it will not be obvious at all. It is my belief that it has actually started – in China!! Amos 8:11 says “The days are coming,” declares the Sovereign LORD, “when I will send a famine through the land— not a famine of food or a thirst for water, but a famine of hearing the words of the LORD.” Those days are here and China epitomises this scripture in that people are turning to Jesus in their thousands – daily. Yes I really do believe that revival has started.

Rapture – again there are many prophecies of what is called “the Rapture” when Jesus returns to collect His Bride. It is not the same as His return in judgement, rather we shall be caught away “in the twinkling of an eye” and join Him as He takes us back to heaven with Him.

Return – the return of Christ in judgement is prophesied in some detail in the Bible and particularly in the book of Revelation. There is a period of what is termed ‘tribulation’ for the earth that precedes the return. Many people are asking if we are not in some kind of tribulation already. It is not a belief I share as I am one with those who believe that the tribulation comes after the rapture and before Christ’s 1000 year reign on earth.

So here we are today, awaiting with some eagerness, the final revival, followed by the rapture, the tribulation, and the return of Christ. The Bible says: "To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation" Hebrews 9:28. Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ? If not, then the future is dark for you. You see, you can have as much religion as you can hold – but being religious won’t get you into heaven. You can have as much ritual as you wish – but ritual will not get you into heaven. You can have all the morality and piety in the world, but that will avail you little when you come to heaven’s door. You may do great and wonderful work and give thousands to the poor, but that alone will not get you into heaven. You may even have incredible love, but even that, on its own, will not gain you entry into heaven. Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life, no-one comes to the Father except by me,” So it is only through a personal relationship with Jesus that we may get into heaven and be saved.

I hear some of you ask, “What if . . . . .?” So I may be wrong but if I am right then I am prepared for the events to come. I am ready for my Saviour to call me home today. I am ready to face everything to come with Him at my side – no fear, no concerns - because God and I, together, can face anything that the world may bring to my door between now and when either He calls me home or He returns for me.

How about you??

No comments:

Post a Comment