Thursday 26 April 2012

TRUST


Trusting God

Diary entry for April 24th 2012

For years, apparently, the Lord has been trying to gain my trust and, thereby, my total commitment to Him.  He hasn’t had much over much success in that I have given areas over to Him but never every single thing. At this point in my life, enter stage left, my wife. I was widowed five years ago when cancer won the battle with my late wife. Now of all things, you would think that such a trauma might just dent or damage my faith, but not a bit of it. The Lord gave me total peace throughout the whole process of slow but inexorable disease, through grieving, to bringing a new wife into my life. I trusted Him totally with this period of my life.

One part of that process was an extended period of prophetic and healing ministry. We saw miracle after miracle – some astonishing, and some a little less so but miracles nevertheless. I learned to trust God in that area too. My new wife arrived and that wasn’t a smooth ride either, but I learned to trust the Lord in that area too. New areas of ministry opened up – like this blog – like mentoring – and thanks to my wife’s wisdom and encouragement, I learned to trust the Lord in all of this too.

There was still an area in which I wanted to be self sufficient – so I didn’t commit this area to the Lord. I had discovered that testimony is of supreme importance in ministry. Testimony of prophecy fulfilled, of healing, of answered prayer, and so on. My wife started to testify of the Lord’s provision in her life and, more particularly, in the lives of people who influenced her own walk with God. Slow but sure these testimonies did their work and I also saw small but, to me, significant examples of the Lord’s favour.

The arguments are gone and I no longer have an excuse. So now I commit myself totally to the Lord. Every area of my life, every word, every thought, every deed is His alone to use or not as He wishes. My life, my marriage, my finances, my family, my friends, and my church are all His – lock, stock, and barrel.

Hang on to your hats – this could be quite a ride !!

No comments:

Post a Comment