Friday 7 June 2013

Heal Our Land



Healing Our Land

Psalm 107:20 “He sent His word and healed them.”

There are moments when I wonder how God causes a link between scriptures. As I read this one, God instantly brought to mind 2 Chronicles 7:14 “If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” Then He made the link.

So, what’s the link?

I believe God is about to speak His Word and heal our land.

Now that is a Word from the Lord!!! I believe God will speak healing over our land. It’s certainly not impossible and it is not as though God has not worked this way before. It is not a new thing – God spoke the Word and created everything. So once again, He will speak and it will be so. God will speak healing and our land will be healed.

What form will the healing take? I don’t know. How long will it take or last? I don’t know. Are we talking about healing of our sickness, our lack of faith, our moral code? I don’t know. It is the same as Jesus return – only God the Father knows the hour. So with healing our land, God alone knows the who, what, where, when, and why. He will speak - something will happen and we will all know it.

Not everyone will accept it of course, but Jesus warned us that this would be so. Some will tell us it is demonic or another false thing – yet, as with every word from God, it will achieve that which he sends it to achieve.

The implications of this very short word are enormous. It blows most theological and eschatalogical theories sky high. If this word is as God-given as I believe it is, then the only way to come before God with it is as a child and with child-like faith.

This is challenging in the extreme. Nevertheless – come Lord, speak the Word, heal our land.

No comments:

Post a Comment