Thursday 19 July 2012

Calling Preachers & Leaders 2


Calling Preachers & Leaders 2

Yesterday I reproduced a wonderful prophetic word from Justin (PJ) Robinson. The reaction has been instantaneous and amazing. I wrote in response to one comment, “When I first saw this message it spoke right into my heart.” The prophetic in me rose immediately and I wanted as many people as possible to see, hear, or read this short message. Yet, having made it available to many people who may not have seen the original quote, the word was still burning within me. I am almost reminded of the Road to Emmaus when the two disciples said, “Did not our hearts burn within us . . . . . “ It really is as strong as that.

The Lord seems to be showing me that there is a rising tide of those both inside and outside the church who are sick and tired of listening to the church’s “ear tickling” messages of a wishy-washy gospel. People are turning once again to the real Gospel message for hope and salvation for themselves and for those near and dear to them.

If there is this rising tide, then why has nobody noticed? Or if they have noticed, why has nobody reacted? It can only be because we are still preaching to the choir, to our own, to those who come along on Sunday morning for their weekly top up. We are still staying within the relative safety of our own four walls. Sure we say, “All are welcome”, but all this is saying really is that anyone can come to us because we are going nowhere.

And going nowhere is precisely where Satan wants us going.

So it must be time for this prophecy to be fulfilled. We must start, or re-start, preaching God’s love, Jesus, hell, salvation, repentance, Holy Spirit, and righteousness. The time is short, for the days are coming when to preach anything Christian at all will be illegal – even in the “free” West. I see days coming when the church will go underground because of persecution. I see the days coming when the church will grow exponentially as a result of persecution – it always has done in the past and we only have to look at the explosion of numbers in many of the underground churches today to realise the truth in that.

It is time for the church to reach outside its own comfort zone. It is time for us (we ARE the church) to take our responsibility seriously. It is no longer OK for anyone to ‘let someone else do it’. It is time for YOU to do it; it is time for ME to do it. The Great Commission will not fulfil itself – it is our Saviour’s instruction and commandment to ALL of us.

The Great Commission is NOT an option – it is a COMMAND.

2 comments:

  1. i have had this on my heart as well but I don't think I could have said any better. Amen!!

    ReplyDelete