Tuesday 11 September 2012

Don't Lose Your Peace



Nothing Like It

Ever sat to write a report or a blog and nothing happened? Ever had that completely blank moment when your mind simply refused to co-operate? It’s not an age thing – it’s not an intelligence thing – but it just might be a God thing. I know I am not alone in saying this because there are many people out there, trying to do their little bit for God, but bashing their head against an invisible brick wall because nothing is coming to mind for them. Like me, and like so many others, I rely on God for my inspiration.

Many a time I have started, sometimes almost finished a blog post, and realised there was no anointing on it – it was from me not from God. It went to that great blog graveyard out there in cyber-space, consigned never to grace anyone’s computer screen. I have started and discarded perhaps three or four during a single day. It’s not frustrating actually. More of a peace really, because I was troubled while still writing it and if I don’t have peace then I know it’s not right.

Conversely, when whatever I am writing is right, then it simply flows – quite quickly usually. One of the best ones I ever wrote was done and dusted in under thirty minutes. It simply flew from my fingers. Sometimes people ask if I laboured long over a good post but I usually answer, ‘No, because it’s like I sit at my keyboard and God dictates stuff to me, even telling me when to get a scripture to paste into the document.’

Life is so often like this. We have peace if we are right in God’s will but we have no peace at all if we are outside it. It’s not just the big things, for me it is the every day things, the minutiae of life. I had a peace when we started doing the lottery but I don’t now. It is like God is saying, “Don’t you trust Me then? Do you want to rely on yourself or would you rather I remain in control? It really is up to you.”

Do you suddenly lose your peace about things? Is it because you have transferred all the responsibility for things from God to yourself. I know that I like to be in control, but God has been changing me so that I have begun to learn to trust Him in EVERY aspect of my life – from finances to health to family to friends and to church – and then all the rest too. There is a peace that comes from trusting Him. A peace that I never knew existed despite reading about “peace that passes all understanding”.

It took me some time – but I finally got hold of it and I will never let it go. It is simply too valuable to let go again. It is peace unto my very soul, and it’s priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment