Tuesday 25 September 2012

My Peace



Peace

Is it me or are there more people thinking like me ‘out there’? There is turmoil throughout the world. Injustice is rampant. Poverty is on the increase. Greed and corruption are open, blatant, and rife. Weather systems are going crazy. Earthquakes are huge and increasing in both size and quantity. Storms get ever more severe and damaging. There is political hatred; religious hatred; racial hatred; bigotry and persecution abounds – everywhere. The whole world is going mad it seems.

Yet, in the middle of the storm, there is peace. Peace in my heart. There is peace in the hearts of many around me. It is as though God is enacting Psalm 46:10, “Be still and know that I am God”, before our very eyes. My heart is quiet and my soul has peace.

I believe that God has a message for all of us in this. His words, Be still and know that I am God, are aimed at each of us individually. He is saying, “I have my hand on you. I have set angels around you to guard you and protect you. Whatever happens to you – I am still with you and will always be with you. You are Mine and I will not let you go.”

What a promise. Thank you Lord. With the psalmist I cry out, “Praise the Lord oh my soul, Let all that is within me praise His holy Name.” (Psalm 103) I rest my head on His breast and just listen to His heartbeat.

My rest and my peace are in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment