Saturday 8 September 2012

Hungry for more of God



Hungry for more of God

For the past three to four weeks, I have been living with a rumbling tummy. There’s nothing wrong with it at all, it’s just that kind of tummy rumble you get when you are hungry.

Except I’m not hungry – not in the conventional sense that is.

In the very recent past, I have said that I have “butterflies” in my tummy. Furthermore, they are so active, I said, that if I were to take a pill, the butterflies would play football with it.

So what is going on?

Well, put as simply as I know how, the Holy Spirit is stirring me up. He is rousing my soul and my spirit to be in tune with Him. Like many with any sort of prophetic gifting, I am very aware that we are in end times and I am excited.

Our pastor is in Singapore as I write. He is leading seminars and preaching, mostly about worship, but also about the prophetic. His reports have me bouncing around with excitement. Wait a minute – I am in my late sixties and too old to be bouncing around like a 5 year old – aren’t I? Not a bit of it. The Word of God puts it this way, in Jeremiah 20:9 “But if I say, “I will not mention him or speak any more in his name,” his word is in my heart like a fire,  a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.”

So what is all this excitement about? It is about seeing Biblical prophecy and modern prophecy coming to pass right where I am, in my parish, in my lifetime, and on my watch. It is about being so excited by Him that I don’t want to contain it. I want to shout it from the rooftops.

“Jesus is coming again – soon. Do you hear me? Jesus is coming again – soon. Let everyone know. What He told us is true. It’s happening in our home, our street, our town, and our church. It’s happening in our lifetime. It’s time to acknowledge who God is and what He wants from you.”

I am so hungry for more and more of God. Actually, I cannot get enough of Him. I want to be in His presence daily, hourly, second by second throughout each and every day. I want people to notice that presence too. I want to be a “light on a hill”.

If the people in my own back yard don’t want to know, then take me where they do want to know. I want to be with my pastor out there in Singapore – helping him minister to the hungry there. I want to be wherever God places me, to make people aware of Him and to bring Him further into their lives.

Lord, I feel like a kid again. I am burning with energy and zeal for you. You have touched my lips with the coal and cleansed me and put your words in my mouth. Here I am – Use me!

No comments:

Post a Comment