Friday 9 March 2012

Awake, Awake, Awake

Watchmen Awake 2012

Another of my little Facebook quips for you again today. “Watchmen awake !! America sleeps – Satan doesn’t. Europe sleeps – Satan doesn’t. Asia sleeps – Satan doesn’t. Satan prowls like a roaring lion, seeking those he can devour and destroy.” Are the watchmen awake? Are they on constant lookout for things?

Amos 3:7 says, Surely the Lord GOD does nothing, unless He reveals His secret to His servants the prophets.” What are prophets if they are not watchmen? Yet I hear someone say, “What are we supposed to be looking out for?”

In Old Testament times, the city watchmen patrolled the city walls watching and listening for two things – danger on its way, or relief from present danger. Prophetic watchmen do much the same job today. They are on the lookout for the works of the enemy – the Antichrist, signs of Armageddon. They are also on the lookout for signs of end-time revival and the ensuing return of Christ, whether that be rapture or second coming.

The real pressure on watchmen today, however, surrounds the works of the enemy. It is true that the world sleeps in happy ignorance of Biblical prophecy and it has to be said that much of the Church is in exactly the same position. So what does the Bible say about watchmen. I think we can do no better or worse than to take Ezekiel as our example. In Ezek 33:7-9 God says to Ezekiel, So you, son of man: I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; therefore you shall hear a word from My mouth and warn them for Me. When I say to the wicked, ‘O wicked man, you shall surely die!’ and you do not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand. Nevertheless if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.” That is a serious command to the watchman both then and now.

Today’s watchmen, therefore, are responsible for warning us of both that which the Lord says to them and that which, with Holy Spirit discernment, they see in the world and in the heavenlies.

I asked the Lord about all of this and He showed me that there are parts of His Bride, the Church, that now openly speak about Satan, that great liar and deceiver, as being a myth – a bit of an exaggeration – maybe even a fallacy !!!! Like I said – Satan’s greatest lies that some have actually accepted as being true.

The Lord went on – “Warn my people, as in My Word (Ezekiel 33), you are My watchmen on the walls. If you see something coming and do nothing and people suffer, then I shall hold you responsible for their suffering. However, if you see something coming and warn people and still people get hurt because they have ignored your warning, then you will have done what I asked and I shall not hold you responsible for their suffering.”

He went on to add, “Sound a warning to all My watchmen – Satan prowls like a roaring lion, eager to devour whomever he can – eager to destroy the Lords people. This is his sole aim in these days; the days of My coming and return; the days when man shall surely begin to turn to Me in desperation because of whatever is happening around them. Do you not have all the signs – the earthquakes, tsunamis, floods, fire (volcanoes), changing weather patterns, darkened skies at midday – what more signs do you want. Ahh – but you are a stiff-necked people who think they can read the signs but you cannot do so correctly and so you will suffer the consequence of your own self-satisfaction. Turn to Me afresh today and I will equip you to lead My people once again.”

“Yet for those who heed My warnings, them will I rescue; on them will I have mercy; they shall inherit that which I have always promised them through My precious Son. I will bless My faithful people even in the midst of all the chaos around them. But you watchmen – yours is a terrible responsibility. Heed My warnings and tell My people what I ask you to tell them.”

No comments:

Post a Comment