Friday 2 March 2012

Social Gospel

Where is the Repentance

I am getting tired of watching TV, and reading Facebook articles, of those who preach a gospel without any need for repentance nor even turning away from sin? I have heard it described as the social gospel. Much of what I write here was actually written by my wife in answer to somebody, a liberal, who is not even a Christian, so special thanks and acknowledgement to her.

This “social” gospel makes no note of repentance, turning away from sins, or anything like that. It doesn’t seem to acknowledge or even know the basics of Christianity? It seems proud of the fact that they embrace homosexuality when the Bible says that homosexuality is wrong? Yes it does. Have they never read Romans 1:26-27: “Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.”


This, by no means, says that God does not love gay people or that Christians are homophobic...I've never met a gay person I was afraid of, which is what 'phobia' means. It just means they've missed the best that God has for them. They need to turn from their ways and find out what God REALLY says. He LOVES them and wishes for none to perish.


This gospel also says that 'born again' has nothing to do with being a Christian. Last time I checked Jesus, in His own words, He said 'Ye must be born again' to enter the Kingdom of God. John 3:3 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again. ”


The Word of God says that the road is narrow, and people who don't know the word are being blown away by any unsound teaching that teaches a gospel that the world likes and wants to hear. I am certain that there are some wonderful Jesus believing and God worshipping Christians in these churches who have never known or been taught the necessity in scripture for ‘new birth’ or being born again.


I know many liberals, even so-called liberal Christians who will be berating me for this, but I found a long time ago I'd rather be on God's side and obedient to Him and His Word than popular in the world. I love you all as brothers and sisters in the Lord but I do not like the ‘gospel’ you have espoused. Jesus DID say that to love one another is the greatest commandment, but shouldn't love mean that we show people the right way? The Word of God is true and sure. DO NOT BE DECEIVED. This is an erroneous teaching that teaches a 'social gospel' with no repentance and turning from your sin to embrace Jesus as Saviour.

I will gladly praise God and worship with you but I cannot accept your teaching of any gospel other than that which is promulgated through the Word of God. This means I do not approve of homosexuality or lesbianism; I do not accept same-sex marriage; and I do not accept this ‘social gospel’ that ignores repentance and turning away from sin.

The Word of God says, in Mark 7:9 “You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions!” Personally, I am with those who say of any particular sin – just stop it! Do right by God’s Word. Enter by the narrow gate and stick to the narrow road.

No comments:

Post a Comment