Tuesday 20 March 2012

Praise and Glory

Praise and Glory

I just want to share some beautiful words from Moses with you this morning. As I read them, my heart was lifted and I just had to give praise and glory to His name.

These words are from Deuteronomy 31:30 to 32:1-4

30 And Moses recited the words of this song from beginning to end in the hearing of the whole assembly of Israel:

1 Listen, you heavens, and I will speak; hear, you earth, the words of my mouth. 2 Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew, like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants. 3 I will proclaim the name of the LORD. Oh, praise the greatness of our God! 4 He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he. “

He spoke to both heaven and earth and all that is in them - the whole of creation. The Word speaks about creation groaning inexpressible words of praise to Him. Jesus spoke of the stones shouting out too, so I presume they can also listen.

His teaching is like rain, watering the good earth; the dew descending every morning to provide water; showers and abundant rain falling to water the earth and all that is therein.

He speaks about proclaiming the Name of the Lord and calls us to praise His greatness. Why? Because He is the rock upon which everything stands. His works, His ways are always just; all His works are perfect. He is faithful, true, upright, and just, and He does nothing and no-one wrong.

We need no other reason to praise, worship, and glorify Him?

What are we waiting for ???

No comments:

Post a Comment